No announcement yet.

storage and data retrieval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I`ve proved it, I mean, I have removes the headers and tails of each packet and assembled it together but it doesn't work. How can I see the picture? I've proved with paint.
    Thanks

Comment

Please post your code so we can try and work out what you are doing wrong.
      Mark

Comment

This is the code without the headers and tails of each packet and assembled it together as one file.
        thanks Attached files image.txt (9.8 KB)

Comment

I did ask you to post your code, but the output of it is rather instructional anyway.

What you have there appears to be an ASCII file of hex pairs of a resonable looking jpeg file.

You have assembled the data like this

00 FF D8 FF E0 00 11 4A 46 49

I'm not sure what the 00 at the start is, it shouldn't be there.

It should be more like

0xFFD8FFE000114A4649

This is the start of a good .jpg file, it should be in hex, not an ascii representation of the hex.
          Mark

Comment

I've proved that you told me but it doesn't work. This is what I receive.

Attached files Data.txt (11.4 KB)

Comment

Taking the first packet from your attachment and decoding it according to section 4.4.1 of the manual you get

0x00, 0x00,
              Mark

Comment

Hello,

I have a problem with the image retrieval. I obtain all the bytes sent by the cam, and although I can identify the headers, the ID and the size of the packets, there are some bytes before that I don't know if they are correct in this position. I attach the image.txt that I cacth. Is correct this format of representation? Or is it necessary include 0x... before?

Thanks for help!

Attached files image.txt (1.5 KB)

Comment

HI i'm working with an FPGA, This retrieves pictures from the uCamTTL in RAW format and then it display them in the uOLED128 via serial-PMMC firmware( Using the "Display Icon" instruction), Now i need to take Jpeg pictures from the camera and this is not a problem, the problem is when I want to display this picture into the uOLED, Could you share the algorithm that decompress or converts the JPEG packets into pixel information, like the ucamdemo-rev? what I need to do with those packets and how to reassemble them to create a picture.
                  THANKS

Comment

I have the excact same problem I am also able to log all the info into one file but am unable to view the images.
                    Planning is half the battle

Comment

I thought I'd said this before, we use Windows 'services' to convert the jpeg to a bitmap in the uCAM demo software.

Why not just save it as RAW?
                      Mark

Comment

Hi,

I have the same problem of viewing the image from the data received from the camera.
                        I had removed the header, ID code, and the verify code from the packet, and gather all the data inside an char array in my controller prgramming.
                        But when i copy and paste the data in notepad, and save as .jpg, the program said it is unable to decode.
                        Attached my data file in .txt.

Hope someone can assist me.

regards,
                        yian2

Attached files Trial.txt (2.1 KB)

Comment

You have saved the file as character rather than binary.

i.e.

The first bit of your file is

c'ffd8ffe00114'

(or if you like 0x666664386666653030313134 )

it should be

0xffd8ffe00114
                          Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X