No announcement yet.

GOLDELOX-SGC, Related Display modules and Softwares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q15. How would i know if i have a u uLCD-144(SGC) or a uLCD-144r(SGC)?

Ans. Check the image attached. On the warranty label there is an "R" written in Block letter to specify a uLCD-144r module. The warranty labels are pasted on top of the uSD connectors on the module.
    Attached files

Comment

Q16. I received a uLCD-144(SGC) without a warranty label, How would i know if i have a uLCD-144(SGC) or a uLCD-144r(SGC)?

Ans. There is no other way to know except trying both PmmCs. There is no harm in doing that. The wrong one would only let the module display White back-light or scrambled text on the screen. The correct one would display the proper splash screen.

Comment

Q17. Do I need to buy a USB to Serial converter with an SGC configured module?

Ans.You don't need to but it is highly recommended to buy one for the following reasons.

-It allows you to update the PmmC file in case an upgraded SGC PmmC file is released.
        -It allows you to connect your SGC configured display module with the PC and test/debug using the
        For more details, See this FAQ section.

Comment

Q18. What can I use DISP tool for?

Ans. DISP tool is a Display initialization software tool which can be used to do the following,

-Build a header file for a new Display (not the ones already integrated to the 4D processors in the form of display modules) and integrate it with the GOLDELOX-SGC processor.
          -Change the Display settings on an existing header file provided by 4D for the displays integrated on their Display modules. (Only adept users should attempt it)
          -Change the splash screen that appears on start-up.
          -Change the orientation.
          -Include custom fonts developed through FONT TOOL.

Note: Before trying to download a header file on the Display module, make sure it is loaded with an SGC PmmC file.

Comment

Q19. What is the role of FONT TOOL in development with an SGC module?

Ans. FONT TOOL is used to develop a variety of fonts which can be Windows built-in fonts or even custom designed fonts. The user can embed the fonts in to the PmmC file using the DISP Software tool. For more details refer to the GOLDELOX-SGC-COMMAND-SIS RXX.pdf document.

Comment

Working...
            X