No announcement yet.

PICASO-SGC, Related Display Modules and Softwares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q15. Do I need to buy a USB to Serial converter with an SGC configured module?

Ans.You don't need to but it is highly recommended to buy one for the following reasons.

-It allows you to update the PmmC file in case an upgraded SGC PmmC file is released.
    -It allows you to connect your SGC configured display module with the PC and test/debug using the FAT Controller Software tool.
    -It allows you to change the configuration from SGC to GFX by loading the appropriate (module specific) GFX PmmC file.

Note: We strongly recommend you buy one of our USB to Serial Converters because they provide a Reset Signal which is needed as part of the PmmC programming protocol. There are third party USB to Serial Converters available but they do not provide a Reset Signal which is where users get stuck when trying to load a PmmC file.

For more details, See this FAQ section.

Comment

Q16. What can I use DISP tool for?

Ans. DISP tool is a Display initialization software tool which can be used to do the following,

-Build a header file for a new Display (not the ones already integrated to the 4D processors in the form of display modules) and integrate it with the PICASO-SGC processor.
      -Change the Display settings on an existing header file provided by 4D for the displays integrated on their Display modules. (Only adept users should attempt it)
      -Change the splash screen that appears on start-up.
      -Change the orientation.
      -Include custom fonts developed through FONT TOOL.

Note: Before trying to download a header file on the Display module, make sure it is loaded with an SGC PmmC file.

Comment

Q17. What is the role of FONT TOOL in development with an SGC module?

Ans. FONT TOOL is used to develop a variety of fonts which can be Windows built-in fonts or even custom designed fonts. The user can embed the fonts in to the PmmC file using the DISP Software tool. For more details refer to the PICASO-SGC-COMMAND-SIS RXX.pdf document.

Comment

Q18. I found 4 different PmmCs for uLCD-32PT(SGC), under the Downloads tab, for 4 different orientations then why are there 4 different header files for each orientation?

Ans. This is to allow the user to use the matching header file for the orientation they need and change other settings if they want. Check Q15 to see what other settings could be changed through the DISP Tool.

There are certain parameters related to the Orientation of the display on the uLCD-32PT which are not accessible from the DISP Software tool. Hence there are four different PmmC files for each orientation.

Comment

Q19. I am not sure if i got a Touch or a Non-Touch Module, How can i check it?

Ans. Please make sure you bought a Display module with a Touch. Check your invoice for the part name. If you buy it directly from us the part name should have a "T" that indicates Touch. Such as all the following modules are Touch based.
            uLCD-24PT
            uLCD-28PT
            uLCD-32PT
            uLCD-32032-P1T
            uOLED-32024-P1T
            uOLED-32028-P1T

Physically, you can check the 4 wires of the resistive Touch panel to confirm whether you have a Touch or a Non-Touch Display Module. See the sample images attached. Attached files

Comment

Q20. I am doubtful about the Touch panel of my Module, How can i test it??

Ans. Check the Q19 and make sure you bought a Touch module. To test the Touch follow the steps below.

-Make sure you have an SGC PmmC file loaded to the display module.
              -Fat format your uSD card.
              -Extract the autoexec.4DS file from the ZIP folder and copy it to the uSD card.
              -Load the uSD card to the module.
              -Now, power up.

You would see a white crosshair, touch it and a red pixel would be drawn. There would be 5 crosshairs to test touch accuracy. This will prove the Touch is working or not.
              Attached files autoexec.zip (309 B)

Comment

Q21. What are the maximum frame rates can I get from a PICASO-SGC based Display module?

Ans. Most of 4D Systems PICASO-SGC based Display modules have 240x320 resolution Displays. You can get about 11-12 fps using Display Video-Animation Clip from Card (RAW) - @56hex command with Videos/Animations saved on the uSD card in Raw format through the Graphics Composer.

For more information refer to the latest version of PICASO-SGC-COMMAND-SIS

Comment

Q22. Why are there three PmmCs for the uLCD-24PT(SGC)? How do I know which one is for my uLCD-24PT(SGC) module?

Ans. There has been three variants of the uLCD-24PT(SGC) because of three variants of the Display Driver ICs. The three variants of the uLCD-24PT(SGC) can be identified by the warranty label on the back of the uSD socket.

uLCD-24PT is based on the oldest Display screen (OTM3225 Driver IC). The warranty label on the back of the uSD socket looks like the WarrantyLabel-24PT.png image attached. These modules should be loaded with the uLCD-24PTSGC-RXX.pmmc file.

uLCD-24NPT is based on the old Display screen (RM68050 Driver IC). The warranty label on the back of the uSD socket looks like the WarrantyLabel-24NPT.png image attached. These modules should be loaded with the uLCD-24PTNSGC-RXX.pmmc file.

uLCD-24PT-I is based on the new Display Screen (ILI9325 Driver IC). The warranty label on the back of the uSD socket looks like the WarrantyLabel-24PT-I.png image attached. These modules should be loaded with the uLCD-24PT-I-SGC-RXX.pmmc file.

Comment

Q23. Why are there two PmmCs for the uLCD-28PT(SGC)? How do I know which one is for my uLCD-28PT(SGC) module?

Ans. There has been two variants of the uLCD-28PT(SGC) because of two variants of the Display Driver ICs. The two variants of the uLCD-28PT(SGC) can be identified by the warranty label on the back of the uSD socket.

uLCD-28PT is based on the old Display screen. The warranty label on the back of the uSD socket looks like the WarrantyLabel-28PT.png image attached. These modules should be loaded with the uLCD-28PTSGC-RXX.pmmc file.

uLCD-28PT-I is based on the new Display Screen. The warranty label on the back of the uSD socket looks like the WarrantyLabel-28PT-I.png image attached. These modules should be loaded with the uLCD-28PT-I-SGC-RXX.pmmc file.

Comment

Q24. Why are there two PmmCs for the uLCD-32PT(SGC)? How do I know which one is for my uLCD-32PT(SGC) module?

Ans. There has been two variants of the uLCD-32PT(SGC) because of two variants of the Display Driver ICs. The two variants of the uLCD-32PT(SGC) can be identified by the warranty label on the back of the uSD socket.

uLCD-32PT is based on the old Display screen. The warranty label on the back of the uSD socket looks like the WarrantyLabel-32PT.png image attached. These modules should be loaded with the uLCD-32PTSGC-RXX.pmmc file.

uLCD-32PT-I is based on the new Display Screen. The warranty label on the back of the uSD socket looks like the WarrantyLabel-32PT-I.png image attached. These modules should be loaded with the uLCD-32PT-I-SGC-RXX.pmmc file.

Comment

Working...
                      X