RMPET on Win7?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMPET on Win7?

Another day another confusion, it seems.
    Is there a manual for RMPET?
    When I open it on Windows 7 with my uSD card reader (and card) plugged in, I get two "Invalid Device" errors, followed by the main screen, but there is no help, and the list labeled "Physical drive" is empty.
    I'm a little wary of running a partitioning utility without instructions (wouldn't want to partition and erase the wrong drive).
    I am trying to play a video and sound at the same time, which, as far as I can tell from the SGC manual, means I need a FAT partition and a RAW partition, right?
    Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

To run RMPET on Windows 7 with UAC turned on it must be run as Administrator

I can't stop you partitioning the wrong drive, I can only try (RMPET will not let you partition a FIXED drive)

Yes, to play video and sound at the same time you will need a FAT adn a RAW partition
    Mark

Comment

Running as administrator solves the problem of using the wrong volume, since now I can actually see the volumes.
      I don't seem to be able to partition it as RAW and FAT though, or, at least what I'm doing in trying to achieve that goal isn't working.
      If I select "Let me specify parameters," I can't increase the number of partitions.
      When I select "% to allocate to first partition" and use 50, windows still sees my card as the same size and says I have the full capacity available (this is after I've ejected, removed, and reinserted the reader). RMPET also indicates NonFS for the second partition type instead of Empty. Is there a distinction between these?
      These are the sorts of questions I would expect to find answered in a manual...

Comment

When I select "% to allocate to first partition" and use 50, windows still sees my card as the same size and says I have the full capacity available (this is after I've ejected, removed, and reinserted the reader).
        Not sure what manual you will find that in, but we don't normally document bugs in other people's drivers. We have only seen one incidence of this, on an internal card reader that ignored the partition table. Try using a different card reader.

RMPET was originally going to support 4 partitions, the same as 'normal' windows partition tables. But it was found that windows only supports two partitions on SD cards, the first one, and the rest, hence the options you see in RMPET
        Mark

Comment

When I select "% to allocate to first partition" and use 50, windows still sees my card as the same size and says I have the full capacity available (this is after I've ejected, removed, and reinserted the reader). RMPET also indicates NonFS for the second partition type instead of Empty. Is there a distinction between these?
          I have the same problem, for example when a use a 1Gb card i put to partition only 25% to FAT it creates 250MB for FAT and 250MB for RAW. I am using Windows 7 too.

Comment

... we don't normally document bugs in other people's drivers. We have only seen one incidence of this, on an internal card reader that ignored the partition table. Try using a different card reader.
            There's nothing wrong with RMPET, or Win 7 either.
            Mark

Comment

Comment

I think I am in serious trouble. I just received my uLCD-32PT today. I purchased a 4GB SanDisk microSD card that I formatted as FAT16. Worked great for running the demos. But I wanted to format it 50% FAT and 50% RAW. I am running Windows 7 completely current with updates.

I ran RMPET and chose 50% and it reported that I successfully repartitioned it. But then I safely ejected it and reinserted it as commanded to by RMPET. That was it. No disk recognized. I cannot seem to get the disk recognized so that I can reformat the FAT partition. Any suggestions or have I trahed the card completely? Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Can't imagine what could have happened.

Are you inserting the card into a 'reader' that you aren't removing when you remove the card? (I'm thinking what of those minature types, not the larger multicard ones) Sometimes windows doesn't see the card added or removed what you do that.

Download HxD and see if that can see the card.

Never seen a uSD card become 'damaged' in that way.

I've been using uCD and Win7 and RMPET together for ages.
                  Mark

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response. It was Sunday in Australia when I posted my problem. BTW the display on the uLCD-32PT is excellent. In the past I have used EarthLCD's, but they are primitive compared with yours.

I am sorry but what is HxD? Not ringing any bells with me.

The microSD card came with an adapter. I insert the micro into the adapter and then the adapter into the HP card reader. I always eject using the safe hardware removal process. I have not tried rebooting the HP yet, but will probably do that yet today (Sunday in NM!)

Regards,

Geof

Comment

I found the file/disk editor HxD, but no joy. Since the HP does not recognize that a disk has been inserted HxD cannot open anything. It suggests that I insert a disk.

Is there any way that you know of to force the system to recognize that there really is a disk there?

Thanks again.

Geof

Comment

Really sounds like the card is dead, Maybe you should try a warranty claim?

If you insert it into the display, can you mount it (as RAW)? Can you read it using 'read sector'?
                        Mark

Comment

Thank you again for your prompt response. Do you people ever sleep?

I suspect the card is really dead, so I have a new one coming. I would like to know where I can report errors in your documentation. Specifically the SIN and COS functions should be reworded in your next release. The result is not in radians, but just a number. Could be confusing to use the word radians when the arguement is in degrees. Just being picky!

Comment

Do you people ever sleep?

Sometimes, but we find it's highly overrated

There is s documentation (sub) forum (down the bottom), you could put that sort of thing in.

We'll pick up the SIN/COS from here, for now.
                            Mark

Comment

Working...
                            X