Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file_ScreenCapture Performance

Hi,

I'm using the function file_ScreenCapture to save the area under a window for later restoring it (like in the examples the popup message box widget).
    Generally it works fine, but running this function takes a lot of time (several seconds!), which is not a good user experience!

Is there any chance to speedup this procedure, because restoring the image from the file is fast.

best regards,
    Gregor

It is unfortunately not one of the speediest processes. If you are using anything less than a 2gb card it will appear to be quite slow due to excess need for cluster management. The size of demo popup messagebox with 2gb uSD card is acceptable, but of course, anything bigger than the demo 'popup' size it will start to become noticeably slow. Unfortunately we are governed by the fact that the display hardware is not double buffered (which would of course totally remove the need to cache the screen area to disk for popups if it was), necessitating a read of each pixel and saving as a series of words to disk and this process is unfortunately slow.
    Reading back is another story, it is a reasonably fast process.

just to further clarify your requirement :-

Are you saving the whole screen, or only part of it?

What size is your uSD ?

Is your uSD card fragmented?
    Mark

Comment

Hi,

I'm saving part of the screen 150x150px.
      I'm using 4GB uSDHC.
      Yes, the uSD was fragmented.

I tested with clean uSD and the capture is now much faster (~600ms instead of ~5000ms)!

So the bottleneck is an fragmented uSD.

best regards,
      Gregor

Comment

Working...
      X