Missing Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Information

I am convinced that I must be missing a manual for 4DGL or something.

I know that there is a #MODE RUNFLASH Command as it is in some of the examples in the manuals and it has been discussed here but nowhere can I find where it actually describes it. This became a problem for me as I have been playing around with my uLCD-144 while I wait for a replacement for my cracked 28PT. I noticed that the IDE had the program to flash option greyed out. So I went looking for info on RUNFASH and couldn't find it anywhere. The description of the Goldelox says it has on board flash so I couldn't figure out why I can't program to flash and more importantly, how can I get an autorun program without this option.

So i finally gave up on the search and moved on to some other experiments. I was using the IDE's built in terminal server (awesome feature by the way) to type directly to the display from my laptop. I was getting ASCII values which I knew I could display in other formats but I wasn't sure how.

One again I found some of examples of the [HEX]somevalue usage but no where could I find reference to these in the manuals. I deduced that [CHR]somevalue would give me what I wanted and I was correct but where can I find information about all of these features and functions? Am I simply missing a manual?

Thanks,

Wade

We are aware RUNFLASH is missing from the manual, what other commands have you discovered that are missing?

In changing changing from a 28PT to a uLCD-144 you have changed platforms. GOLDELOX always runs from FLASH as it does not have enough RAM to run from RAM, hence the option is greyed out in Workshop and the RUNFLASH option is rejected.

I think that is in the datasheet, although probably not descibed using those words
    Mark

Comment

Was there an answer to the above question ? .....

Is there another PDF that describes the correct use of these for instance :-

[str]somevalue
      [hex1]somevalue

I'm sure there are many more commands(functions?) that I can't seem to find formal descriptions of
      Kevin

Comment

If you are looking at the 4DGL-Programmers-Reference-Manual-rev2.pdf manual, it's on Pages 45+46
        Mark

Comment

Ah .... maybe I need to download another copy - mine is only 38 pages

Kevin

Comment

..... you really mean the PICASO-GFX2-4DGL-Internal-Functions-rev2.PDF I think.

Thanks for your help,
            Kevin

Comment

Oops, sorry

And to think, I thought I cut and pasted the name so I wouldn'y get it wrong
              Mark

Comment

Working...
              X