Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Mounting problem

Hi
    I have ulcd 32pt i'm trying to put an image in the lcd. I have a memory card of 2gb, i have formatted it in fat16. It was not possible to me to mount a file in the memory card, the file_mount() function is giving error 16 ( FE_CANNOT_READ_MBR).

Also the command media_WriteByte(0); is also giving the same error.

please help me out....

1. How are you powering the display? If it's via an MB5, you probably need to do this http://4d.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=2990300

2. Have you tried a different brand of uSD card, see here http://4d.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=5067632
    Mark

Comment

Hi
      I am using usb uUSB-CE5 ...

Comment

HiIm im using graphic compser version 2 to load the image files to my ulcd 32pt .In the load option i have serial and 4dgl, since mine is 4dgl went for 4dgl in that i have three option 1.GCI, 2.FAT16 RAW and 3.USD RAW. Basically wat is the difference between these three option and which option should i go to get the file mounting to be done in the sd card.

Comment

Please donwload GC3 and its associated manual, everything is explained a lot better in there
          Mark

Comment

Thank you..

I have problem in mounting the file in the usd card what should i do for this.. I have also tried with more than two usd card with different brand..

Comment

Do you get an error from media_Init, do any of the media functions work?

Please, we do not respond to technical help in PMs, the forum is here to help you and those that follow. It also allows more than one person to respond.
              Mark

Comment

I'm sorry for the Personal Message .....

And I don't get error in the media_Init(). I got the error only in the file_mount()....

Thank You...

Comment

Well, try media_ReadByte.

If that works it all indicates your uSD is not formatted as FAT16
                  Mark

Comment

Hi
                    I tried using the media_ReadByte(), For the below code the it prints the value 8000

if(media_Init())
                    media_SetAdd(0, 510);
                    Lbyte := media_ReadByte();
                    Hbyte := media_ReadByte();
                    print([HEX2]Hbyte,[HEX2]Lbyte);
                    endif

Comment

I also checked this code by formatting USD in FAT16 with ms dos, xp and other low level formatting tools.And I also checked it with the three different brand of USD card Sandisk, Transend, Runeng....Where do i miss please help me out...

Comment

Try running the attached and see what it says
                        Mark

Comment

By running the code the output was..
                          media_Init successful
                          No Valid MBR or Partition
                          Table found

Comment

That would seem to indicate the drive isn't formatted, are you sure it has been formatted?
                            Mark

Comment

I formatted using the windows XP format option (FAT,complete format).And I also tried with command prompt both gave the same error (media_Init successful
                              No Valid MBR or Partition
                              Table found
                              ).
                              help me out...

Thank you..

Comment

Working...
                              X