Video modes and total video memory...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video modes and total video memory...

I copied this from the old uVGA-PICASO-MD1 docs because I wanted to ask if the same restrictions apply to the uVGA II programmed for either SCG or GFX. In other words, is this a limitation set for the Picaso-GFX modules to maximize page #'s.

quote/
    NOTE: Usable resolutions are; QVGA: 310x210, VGA: 620x420 and SVGA: 800x560. These
    resolutions are chosen to maximize the number of display pages from the video RAM.
    /unquote

When I use the VGA mode, I need 640 pixels across. If I'm using the QVGA mode, I need 320 pixels across.

Or can someone just tell me what values to put in the DISP utility to make a 640x225 / NTSC mode (or any other U.S. standard format).

Also, is the total video memory available 512k in the uVGA II/GFX configured module?

Thanks, guys.
    --
    Roger Taylor

The old and new uVGA modules are completely different beasts internally, there is nothing that can be "compared"
    Mark

Comment

Understood. I recently confirmed that the 640x480 default mode of the uVGA II module w/GFX firmware does in fact display all 640 x 480 pixels, from corner to corner of my LCD monitor. I'm pleased. Sorry for the unfair comparison.

So do you think someone can help me set a 640x225 video mode from GFX/4DGL and have the 225 lines fill the screen vertically, as in stretched. Can the video be tweaked on-the-fly from 4DGL like it's controlled in DISP.exe for SCG devices?

The amount of knowledge I gain here will decide whether I purchase 100+ of these modules in 2011 or only 1. I'm willing to do some coding magic if I can get all the facts and details right. Most programs I write leave the user guessing how it was done, so I'm not looking for someone to actually figure out my particular application for me, but I do need to better understand what I can do with the uVGA II using GFX & 4DGL. Right now I don't even see a 4DGL command for changing the video mode, which is about as strange as it gets.

I feel that there are many others with similar questions, but I understand that you guys can't spend every waking second hanging out in the forums and you're hoping that other skilled users can help answer some questions.

Thanks for the support.
      --
      Roger Taylor

Comment

Working...
      X