Any widget libraries out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any widget libraries out there?

Is anyone working on a library of reusable screen widgets, like dials, buttons, clocks, sliders, etc ?

Do you think it would also be interesting to create a common library for advanced interpretation of touch inputs (i.e. gestures), a hardware supported scrollable list and so on?
    I have been working on the above and surely so have others. I think it could save everyone a lot of time, if there was a shared library, kind of a framework.
    Any ideas, suggestions what you would love to see in there?

Comment

Definitely. Anything re-useable should be gathered in one location.
      I recently started learning to use Gimp to create icons and text. It has a nice filter called Alpha-to-Logo. Here is an example of text that has been converted to a glowing neon effect:

Attached files

Comment

Mechg.

Can you create an image of the glow didgits in 0-9 order on one line and post it here?

And maybe expain how you did it?

Thanks.
        Mark

Comment

ESPsupport wrote:
          Can you create an image of the glow digits in 0-9 order on one line and post it here?... And maybe explain how you did it?
          I can't remember what font I used for the earlier example, but here is an ordered set in Eurostile font, size 58 px.
          To create this using Gimp, use the text tool to create a text object with the desired characters. Then use Filters -> Alpha to Logo -> Neon. Set the effect size to 12 pixels. Leave the default color of black for background; set the the glow color to whatever color you want, then hit OK.
          To save it in .png format, use Save As, and make sure you add .png to the file name. When you select OK, it prompts you to export the file instead. Select "merge visible layers" and select Export. Then it gives you a chance to change the settings for saving .png format. Just accept the defaults by selecting Save.
          I have not used glow numbers in an application yet, but I imagine that larger values of the "glow effect" could cause problems by making the glow overlap on adjacent digits, making it hard to separate the digits and use them individually. That is why I put a space between the digits on the examples below, to avoid any overlap.
          Gimp is available for free at www.gimp.org. It is not easy to learn, since it is fairly complex, but it does have a lot of powerful tools for manipulating images and building graphic elements.

Attached files

Comment

Here is a small demo program for the uLCD-32PT that displays a clock using large blue-glow numbers in Eurostile font, 78 pixels in height.
            Copy the Glow.dat and Glow.gci files to the SD card, then run GlowClock.4DG Attached files Glow_Clock.zip (172.4 KB)

Comment

You might like to check out the clock 'demo' (it's more about the display) in the Alpha release of 4D-Visi http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=111 (down in the description Tab)
              Mark

Comment

I installed the IDE from your link, but it is not obvious how to launch the 4D-Visi feature. It installed as version 3.2.0.8
                Is there a menu item I am overlooking?

Comment

There are samples under File, Open Samples.

To create a new 4D-Visi program, just select New and '4D-Visi Program'.

You can't add Visi to an existing program, but you can start a new program and copy and paste your other program in.
                  Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X