Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems getting audio working on uVGA-II(SGC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems getting audio working on uVGA-II(SGC)

I have a uVGA-II(SGC) module, and the graphics I can get working fine, but no audio. Even using the supplied tool to talk to the module, graphics work fine but audio doesn't. It returns 6 (ACK) no matter what (even if the card is removed), the AUDENB pin never goes low, and no audio is output. My test file is at http://kitrich.net/~sarahemm/test.wav Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Also, there's an error on the datasheet for it, it says AUDENB is an Input pin, but according to the PICASO chip datasheet it's actually an output. That tripped me up for awhile.

Any help is much appreciated!

- Sarah

An ACK is to acknowledge that the command is successfully received. Please note, the AUDIO output is to connect to an amplifier, there is no audio amplifier built in to the board. Could you share your connection diagram.
    FYI: I tried your test file with the latest uVGA-II(SGC) board and the SGC-R18 PmmC files without any problems. I used PC speakers to test(they have built-in Amplifiers)

The AUDENB is mistakenly labeled as an "I" it should be "O". We will fix the datasheet. Thanks for the feedback.

-Bilal

Comment

I've got a 3.5mm jack, with one leg connected to GND and the other connected to AUDIO. I've plugged PC speakers into them (which are verified working using another source), and no audio comes out when I have an SD card in with the file, and click the play sound feature in FAT Controller. If i use List Directory it shows the file, so it's reading the card OK, just not audio-playing. I've put a scope on the AUDIO output too and get no change at all in it when I send the play command.

Comment

Yeah, the playwav file gives an ACK response when it shouldn't which isn't very helpful in this case.

Can you verify that the 3,5mm jack is connected correctly, some of those new ones are very hard to get right.

Can you issue the following from FAT Controller, paste the log and also confirm that no sound is produced
        'Init uSD'
        'Dir'
        'Play Wav'
        Mark

Comment

4dTechSupport wrote: An ACK is to acknowledge that the command is successfully received.

If that's the case though, why does Init SD Card return NACK if there is no card inserted?

ESPsupport wrote:

Can you verify that the 3,5mm jack is connected correctly, some of those new ones are very hard to get right.

Can you issue the following from FAT Controller, paste the log and also confirm that no sound is produced
          'Init uSD'
          'Dir'
          'Play Wav'
          I'm fairly sure it's connected right, but will inject audio into the PCB next time i'm on-site and make sure it comes out the jack properly just to double check. I'll issue those commands from the FAT Controller and paste the log tomorrow night when i'm on-site with the boards again.

Comment

Hi Sarah,
            I am having exactly the same problems with audio.
            After a week of trying i'm on the verge of giving up.
            Did you ever resolve the problem and get any sound out of this thing?
            If so how? what was wrong? I have numerous .wav files some now stripped to Canonical format, others as they worked with the Somo-14d, but the names modified to .wav, nothing works! even tried higher and lower case file names, audio enable remains high and no discernible output from my amplifier. Yes I recieve 'ack' which simply means the command was correct.
            The audio out pin connected to a 'cro' shows no change either. If you did manage to get some results I wound appreciate any clues.
            Regards Mike.
            Mike Hardman.

Comment

Working...
            X