X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4dTechSupport
    started a topic GOLDELOX-GFX2, Related Display Modules and Softwares

GOLDELOX-GFX2, Related Display Modules and Softwares

This section of FAQ for "GOLDELOX-GFX2, Related Display Modules and Softwares" covers all the frequently asked questions related to,
    1. GOLDELOX-GFX2 processor
    2. uOLED-96-G1(GFX)
    3. uOLED-128-G1(GFX)
    4. uOLED-160-G1(GFX)
    5. uLCD-144(GFX)
    6. FONT tool and GOLDELOX-GFX2
    7. Graphics Composer and GOLDELOX-GFX2
    8. 4D Workshop3 IDE and GOLDELOX-GFX2
    9. Miscellaneous

• 4DTechSupport2
    replied

Q26. What Colours are available for use with the Graphics functions?

Ans. An assortment of colours are available that range from 0x0000 to 0xFFFF. A full listing of these colours can be found in the 4DGL_16bitColours.fnc file, which is located in the installed directory of the 4DWorkshop. This file can be accessed through the Workshop by firstly inheritting the file as so;

#inherit "4DGL_16bitColours.fnc"
    Right click on the file and click 'Open file at Cursor'. This will display all possible colours. The same technique can be used on other inherit files to view their details

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q25. I have a uOLED-96-G1(GFX) and I am trying to use IO2 in the 4DGL code but as soon as i program, the screen stuffs up, why?

Ans. There is no IO2 in the uOLED-96-G1(GFX).

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q24. Where can i find the reference circuit diagrams of uOLED-96-G1(GFX), uOLED-128-G1(GFX) and uOLED-160-G1(GFX) display modules?

Ans. You can find the reference circuit diagrams of these three modules from the GOLDELOX-GFX2 Datasheet.

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q23. Can I power the GOLDELOX-GFX2 based display modules through 3.3V?

Ans. All of our GOLDELOX-GFX2 based display modules have on board protection diodes and 3.3V regulators, they have forward voltage drops. Therefore you need to provide 5V to the display modules.

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q22. Does 4DGL support 8bit variable types?

Ans. No, it supports only 16bit variables.

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q21. Does 4DGL support floating point variable types?

Ans. No it doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q20. Does GOLDELOX-GFX2 support addressing on One Wire?

Ans. It hasn't been tested for addressing. At the moment it only supports Single Device Dallas One Wire Interface.

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q19. Does GOLDELOX-GFX2 support One-Wire?

Ans. Yes, it does. It has only been tested with DALLAS One-Wire though.

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q18. I am having problems communicating with the uSD card?

Ans. Make sure your uSD card supports SPI interface, that is how the on board GOLDELOX-GFX2 processor connects to the uSD card. There are some duplicate cards in the market which fail to work with SPI with accuracy. No specific brands, it is just that they are duplicates of the popular uSD brands.

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q17. Is it true that gfx_Trianglefilled() command slower then drawing other filled shapes?

Ans. Yes, GFX_Trianglefilled() is slower than drawing other filled shapes because there is no display internal commands that allow fast filling in the triangle.

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q16. Why does the contrast command not work with the uLCD-144(GFX) module?

Ans. The LCD screens do not support contrast settings because of their design. You cannot change the contrast on an LCD, though you can turn the display On or Off.

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q15. Can i change the orientation of the display modules in run time?

Ans. Yes, you can change the orientation in run time. See the GOLDELOX-GFX2 Internal Functions document for more details.

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q14. Can i upload the PmmC file or a 4DGL program using my own controller?

Ans. No, you need to use the Windows based software tool to load the PmmC/4DGL file to the module. It cannot be done through any other controller.

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Q13. Do I need to buy a USB to Serial converter with a GFX configured module?

Ans. Yes, You need to buy a USB to Serial converter with a GFX module.

-It allows you to update the PmmC file in case an upgraded GFX PmmC file is released.
    -It allows you to download the 4DGL program to the module.
    -It allows you to change the configuration from GFX to SGC (or vice versa) by loading appropriate (module specific) PmmC file.

Note: We strongly recommend to buy one of our USB to Serial Converter because they provide Reset Signal which is needed as part of the PmmC programming protocol. There are third party USB to Serial Converters available but they do not provide Reset Signal which is where users get stuck trying to load the PmmC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X