PICASO-GFX2, Related Display modules and Softwares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PICASO-GFX2, Related Display modules and Softwares

This section of FAQ for "PICASO-GFX2, Related Display Modules and Softwares" covers all the frequently asked questions related to,
    1. PICASO-GFX2 processor
    2. uOLED-32024-P1(GFX)
    3. uOLED-32024-P1T(GFX)
    4. uOLED-32028-P1(GFX)
    5. uOLED-32028-P1T(GFX)
    6. uLCD-24PT(GFX)
    7. uLCD-28PT(GFX)
    8. uLCD-32PT(GFX)
    9. FONT tool and PICASO-GFX2
    10. Graphics Composer and PICASO-GFX2
    11. 4D Workshop3 IDE and PICASO-GFX2
    12. Miscellaneous

Q01. Do i need Reset line to program a 4DGL code to the module?

Ans. Yes you do need Reset line for programming a 4DGL program, it is a part of 4DGL program downloading protocol.

Comment

Q02. If i don't set the Baud rate in the 4DGL code and use serin() and serout(..), what baud rate does it start with by default?

Ans. It starts with 115200 Baud.

Comment

Q03. Can i use FAT formatting on the uSD card in a PICASO-GFX2 based display module?

Ans. Yes, you can use FAT formatting. Make sure it is FAT (aka FAT16).

Comment

Q04. What is the maximum baud rate can I achieve with a PICASO-GFX2 based display module?

Ans. You can get up to 600K Baud.

Comment

Q05. Can i use custom displays with the PICASO-GFX2 processor?

Ans. No, Unfortunately there are so many variants of the display driver ICs that it is hard to have a generic PmmC file with external display settings. PICASO-GFX2 based modules do need a specific PmmC file with the display initialization settings fully built in to the PmmC.

Comment

Q06. Does PICASO-GFX2 processor have live video input?

Ans. No, it doesn't have live video input.

Comment

Q07. Can I save my variables in to the internal Flash of the processor?

Ans. No, you can't. If you wish to save permanently, you should save in to the uSD card.

Comment

Q08. Does PICASO-GFX2 processor support 8bit images?

Ans. No, it doesn't. Please make sure the images/videos/animations you set in the Graphics Composer software tool are 16bit.

Comment

Q09. Why are there two PmmCs for the uOLED-32028-P1T(GFX) module?

Ans. There is slight variation in the Touch panels on these displays. These displays, as available from the Display manufacturers, have basically two distinct Touch calibration values which is the reason why there are two PmmCs. There is physically no difference at all to distinguish one from the other. You might have to try the other if you see touch offset on one.

uOLED-32028-P1GFX-R25.PmmC
                    uOLED-32028-P1xGFX-R25.PmmC (The latest batches since the middle of 2010 have had Touch settings to match this PmmC)

Note: There is a calibration program (4DGL program) that allows you to fine tune the Touch calibration of any PICASO-GFX2 based Touch display module.

Comment

Q10. Do I need to buy a USB to Serial converter with a GFX configured module?

Ans. Yes, You need to buy a USB to Serial converter with a GFX module.

-It allows you to update the PmmC file in case an upgraded GFX PmmC file is released.
                      -It allows you to download the 4DGL program to the module.
                      -It allows you to change the configuration from GFX to SGC (or vice versa) by loading appropriate (module specific) PmmC file.

Note: We strongly recommend to buy one of our USB to Serial Converter because they provide Reset Signal which is needed as part of the PmmC programming protocol. There are third party USB to Serial Converters available but they do not provide Reset Signal which is where users get stuck when trying to load PmmC.

Comment

Q11. Can i upload the PmmC file or a 4DGL program using my own controller?

Ans. No, you need to use the Windows based software tool to load the PmmC/4DGL file to the module. It cannot be done through any other controller.

Comment

Q12. Can I change the orientation of the display modules in run time?

Ans. Yes, you can change the orientation in run time. See the PICASO-GFX2 Internal Functions document for more details.

Comment

Q13. Why does the contrast command not work with the uLCD-32PT(GFX) and uLCD-28PT(GFX) modules?

Ans. The LCD screens do not support contrast settings because of their design. You cannot change the contrast on an LCD, though you can turn the display On or Off.

Comment

Q14. Is it true that gfx_Trianglefilled() command slower then drawing other filled shapes?

Ans. Yes, GFX_Trianglefilled() is slower than drawing other filled shapes becauase there is no display internal commands that allow fast filling in the triangle.

Comment

Working...
                              X