X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asreo
    replied

Hi All,
    I am once again looking for some help with the uVGA-11-SGC, regarding the Ack or Nack command. I have the latest data sheet and rev-8 of the command set. 4D systems tell us explicitly on page-8 of the manual that ALL COMMANDS are Ack or Nack with '06h' or '15h' this appears to be incorrect.
    I require the latest (rev-20) PmmC code.
    First I enter the command (56h/01h/

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Can you connect with FAT Controller?

What happens if you try the other 2 resolutions (0 is the default, so try 1 and 2)?
    Did you get to try the above?

Leave a comment:

• Natalia
    replied

Yes, we've conneted the circuit as it's shown is the datasheet: VCC is connected and the 3.3 V regulator is working fine.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Sorry I didn't mean 5v going into the VGA connector, I meant the correct 5v being supplied to the uVGA II board itself.

The circuit is included in the datasheet, if it's easy enough for you to do, perhaps you could check for 3.3v after the 3.3v regulator.

As for the batch number, well, we have been having some problems with a certain batch (Typically failing to load PmmCs, but sometimes other things as well). Whilst what you are describing is different, I thought I'd ask.

Many devices from this batch appear to be just fine, so we are waiting for confirmation from the fabrication plant that there is batch related problem before we decide what to do next.

Your batch number is the number in question. The chips also seem to display an aversion to heat, is it possible you can give it a squirt with freeze, or otherwise keep it fairly cool (say around 10 degrees Celsius, I have no idea what your 'local temperature' usually is) and see if it works under those conditions.

Leave a comment:

• Natalia
    replied

Thank you for your answer.

You wrote before about serial number and 5V in the VGA connector. If there is no 5V and the amplitude of VS is too low, what could have happened?

Has the serial number that we have sent any meaning for you?

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Hmm, neither of those monitors explicitly state that thay support 320x240 (which means nothing other than that the brevity of modern manuals is appalling).

Can you connect with FAT Controller?

What happens if you try the other 2 resolutions (0 is the default, so try 1 and 2)?

Leave a comment:

• Natalia
    replied

Hello,
    thank you for your answer. These are our responses to your questions:

Have you got another monitor you can try?We have tried with two displays of the same model Dell E198FPb (both work OK with PC) and another Compaq V55(it's an old model). We observed that on connection to uVGA display showed the message “entering in power save”.

Have you checked that 5v is going into the display connector? Yes, we have measured the voltage on pin number 9 of VGA connector and no 5 V there. Also, we have measured HS and VS (13 and 14 pins) and VS pin has a lower amplitude than we expected. If we unplug the connector the amplitude goes high. We have checked the power supply in the board and it seems ok.

If it is a SGC variant there should be a static splash screen displayed at 320x240, it is possible that some monitors may not support this, although one would hope this is not so. We suposse that we have a SGC. There is no Splash Screen, we have waited for it for several seconds, but it didn’t appear.

BTW what is the batch number on the Picaso Chip? Yes, there is a label on the Picaso chip: 1049VY5.

Thanks, regards.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

I presume you have the SGC variant of the uVGA II, please confirm?

Have you checked that 5v is going into the display connector?

Have you got another monitor you can try?

If it is a SGC variant there should be a static splash screen displayed at 320x240, it is possible that some monitors may not support this, although one would hope this is not so.

Can you use FAT Controller? Does it talk to the uVGA II?

BTW what is the batch number on the Picaso Chip?

Leave a comment:

• Natalia
    started a topic ACK problem uVGA-II

ACK problem uVGA-II

Hi,
    I have a problem about working out the power up reset: the problem is that the Tx pin doesn't send any signal when the host microcontroller (F330DC based in Intel 8051) sends 'U'.
    I can't see anything in the monitor. In fact, its power buttom appears as "stand by" mode. The F330DC is connected to the uVGA by the serial port (only in the uVGA receiver pin), Vcc and Vdd. Also, I added the necessary supply current in Vcc because the host microcontroller is connected to my computer via serial port (USB adapter). Basically, in my program, I send the character 'U' and wait to the answer (ACK, NACK). I'd mesured the uVGA Rx pin in my oscilloscope and I'd seen some pulses which correspond to 55hex and the same thing when I send the characters to put a point on the screen. My problem is that I can't see anything in my oscilloscope by mesuring in uVGA Tx pin, however Rx pin is correct.
    Thank you very much for your answers,
    Natalia.
Working...
X