Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have decided to get the µLCD-32PT(GFX) what else should I get to be able to do stuff with it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have decided to get the µLCD-32PT(GFX) what else should I get to be able to do stuff with it ?

I have decided to get the µLCD-32PT(GFX) what else should I get to be able to do stuff with it ?

I have never tried anything like this before.
    So I would like to ask, from a basic novice stand point, what do I need to be able to start playing with this ?

Might as well get everything at one go and pay a one time shipment only.

http://shop.4dsystems.com.au/4dgl-display-modules/249-3004.html

I didn't see the actual "measurement" of this LCD, what is it length, width and overal thickness ?

What is the difference between screen dimensions and viewing area ?

Make sure you also get a '4D Programming cable', or a uUSB-MB5 or a uUSB-CE5.

You will also need a Windows PC and probably a uSD card.

The rest, is downloading, reading and learning

The overall measurements are in the datasheet for the display, Section 9

If you mean the physical LCD, its measurements it is in the datasheet for the 4DLCD-32T
    Mark

Comment

Thank you ESPsupport.
      I am afraid of your usage of "or", please understand from my novice point of view, seeing this only serve to confuse me

Which of the three ?

My application will have a screen running videos, no "reprogramming" is necessary once it is done, so what should I get ?

Thanks

Comment

Well it is necessary to get you started and going properly.

You may also want to use it to power the display forever, you could plug it into a USB power 'wall wart' rather than your computer, unless you have another idea for ongoing power.

Anyone of the three will do the job, it's just a matter of aesthetics, I think the '4d programming cable' is the easiest to use.
        Mark

Comment

I will get the cable and the display module then.

What do you mean by :
          You may also want to use it to power the display forever, you could plug it into a USB power 'wall wart' rather than your computer, unless you have another idea for ongoing power.

What is a wall wart ?

Comment

A power adapter, you mean the expression is not in common use out your way?

Google will explain all
            Mark

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X