Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding uLCD 144-GFX Schematic Diagram.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding uLCD 144-GFX Schematic Diagram.

The schematic is detail, however, it misses the most important thing of all.
    I would like to get this two measurements so that I am able to send the mold for prototype production without having to wait for the shipment.

If you read the features in the first page of the data sheet (or the features tab of the product page) it actually tells you what the active screen area dimensions are (Active Area: 25.5mm x 26.5mm). The uLCD-144 module is based on the 4DLCD-144 screen, here's the link: http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=100

I thought you were after a much larger screen, something like the 3.2"?
    Atilla

Comment

Yes, but before I actually press "buy", I do a cardboard cut out and realize it doesn't fit into my device
      Hence, I revert to this instead.

Thank you Atilla

Comment

Allow me to explain, this is the prototype where the screen would be placed

The next question would be, as you can see, the screen would be placed as so, how difficult would it be to program it to display graphics with a 90 degree rotation ?

Can I set the orientation early on in software so that I don't have to deal with programming every single element with a 90 degree setting later on ?

Comment

All of the dimensions you require are provided in the various data sheets you have access to.

If you are going to be using 4DGL language to program your product, you can change orientation on the fly so you should not have a problem - this is also explained in various data sheets.

I strongly suggest before you commit to a housing that you read the manual to make sure that other aspects of your requirements are achievable.

And being inquisitive, I must ask - why is the lid so thick, and what does the big bulge in the main housing contain
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Hello meldavia, it pleases me to know that according to you, once I change the orientation, it will no longer be a problem, that has been a main concern of mine.

The shape of the device cannot be changed, it is to stay as such.
            The lid is thick because electronics will be placed in it as well.

I was actually thinking of fitting yet another of the LCD in it.

The "the big bulge in the main housing" will contain batteries, I'll tell you, I think it's going to be a tight tight squeeze.

Comment

sounds exciting - hope you have a lot of fun.
              Hello meldavia, it pleases me to know that according to you, once I change the orientation, it will no longer be a problem, that has been a main concern of mine.
              YES - if you are using 4DGL you can change orientation whenever required.

If you need any help just ask, but you really need to start going through all the example code so you become familiar with the devices capabilities, and of course the 4DGL language.
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

That is going to be a long time coming, thank you meldavia.
                P:S: I love Australia, I wish to visit there soon

Comment

If you decide to visit, we can give you a good list of places to go and see
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X