Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uUSB-MB5 detected by windows, but not by CP210xSetIDs.exe

Hey everybody,

I posted my problem also in the display-related threads since I'm not sure whre the problem comes from, but here's the part that refers to the USB-serial interface:

I am using a uUSB-MB5 to interface my computer with a uLCD-28PT. It's actually working since it's shown in the windows device manager and I can communicate with the display. But for some reason the tool CP210xSetIDs.exe to adjust the power settings doesn't load the standard settings of the MB5. This means when I connect the device, I can select sowthing in the top field of the tool, but all other fields are emtpy! I think they should contain the current MB5 settings, but they don't.

I think that the MB5 power settings cause my display to restart again and again...

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

What's the date on CP210xSetIDs.exe?
    Mark

Comment

the tools is version 2.2 from 2008, the serial number shown is

\\?\usb#vid_10c4&pid_ea60#0001#{a2a39220-39f4-4b88-aecb-3d86a35dc748}

Comment

Hmm yeah, that's a bit old. I think if you try the latest you will find that that version works much better.

Unfortunately you will have to download it from the SiLabs web site. Start here

http://www.silabs.com/products/interface/usbtouart/Pages/usb-to-uart-bridge.aspx

Download an144sw.zip

Unzip everything from the AN144SW\CP210x folder and run the CP210xSetIDs.exe from there
        Mark

Comment

Awesome, that works now. Thanks a lot! I thought I had the most recent version on the 4D Systems website.

It doesn't solve the reset-problem, but we have one weird thing less

Comment

Any way to get the latest version hosted on the 4D site? Just went through this exercise myself......

Comment

Hi,
              The USB to UART Bridge driver(link) has been updated on the USB-MB5 and 4D Programming Cable web page. Here is a direct link,
              http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents/Software/CP210x_VCP_Win_XP_S2K3_Vista_7.exe

SiLab's website could also be referred for the latest drivers,
              http://www.silabs.com/products/interface/usbtouart/Pages/usb-to-uart-bridge.aspx

-Bilal

Comment

Hi Bilal,

Could the cp210Xsetid utility be updated as well? The current version hosted on the 4D site does not recognize the programming cable (at least on my windows 7 32 bit system), but the current version (3.0) on the silabs website does........

Comment

Hi Howard,
                  All the drivers and configuration software updated..
                  -Bilal

Comment

Nice, Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X