Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Images display from uSD(FAT) once again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images display from uSD(FAT) once again...

Hello,
    I'm back for a new question/issue with my LCD-32PT.
    Okay, I'm now able to play with the touch screen, with control commands and with basic graphics but when it's about images in the uSD... hem... I'm still having troubles to get it work.When I request my LCD to display a 320*240 picture, most of the time the screen freezes without displaying correctly the stuff (I got strange pattern of pixels or half of the picture or strange moving lines ) even if I get the ACK from the controller.
    Sometimes, the controller completely freezes and doesn't answer to the command.Further command are no longer handled and I should reboot.
    I spent hours trying to find a correct timing to let the time to the controller to do the things. Waste of time, I don't understand why this is failing.
    My questions are: does someone here experienced the same behavior? Any suggestion to make this woking correctly.
    From experience, is it better to use Raw mode for displaying pictures from uSD?
    Thanks a lot for your help!
    JFry

Hmm, sounds like you haven't got the command right.

Can you post all the GC files (or email them to [email protected]) and the command you are using to display it?
    Mark

Comment

Hi,

Ok, Thank you for your support.
      I'll send this before the end of the day (european time, sorry).

JFry

Comment

(JFry supplied some GC files and a command log)

It looks to me like you are sending Lanscape mode images to a display in set Portrait mode.

This will cause all sort of weird things to happen, totally inconsistent with what you would expect to happen.

If I load the landscape PmmC for the 32PT
        ULCD-32PTSGC-L-R19.PMMC
        then your images display correctly.
        Mark

Comment

Hello!

Thank you for the reply.
          I should be honest: I'm still not understanding what's going wrong.As you noticed, I'm using Landscape images but my board is loaded with the file ULCD-32PTSGC-L-R19.PMMC (the same as the one you used for testing).
          Could you clarify what you mean by "Display set in portrait mode"?
          Do you mean that I should use the appropriate SGC command to set my LCD in landscape mode even if I loaded the landscape PmmC?
          Thank you in advance and thank you for the time you took to investigate my issue.

JFry

Comment

Do you mean that I should use the appropriate SGC command to set my LCD in landscape mode even if I loaded the landscape PmmC?

No, not at all, that will also stuff it up.

If you have the Landscape mode PmmC installed, it should just work. (does the splash display in Landscape?)

Here's a FAT Controller log using the same commands that you used:-

Init uSD 0.125 [40 69]
            Get Status 0.000 [7A]
            Control 0.000 [59 05 00]
            Display Image Icon Fat 0.327 [40 6D 47 4D 43 49 6D 67 73 31 2E 47 63 69 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 EC 00]
            Display Image Icon Fat 0.327 [40 6D 47 4D 43 49 6D 67 73 31 2E 47 63 69 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 14 00]
            and the images are displayed as I would expect

Can you try with FAT Controller?

Now I'm very confused.

How are you powering the display? Maybe the current is a bit low?
            Mark

Comment

Hello,

I'll do some testing with the FAT tool and I'll come back to let you know the results.

Regarding the power supply, that's a good question.
              I'm limited to 500mA and at this moment, I only have my ┬ÁC and the LCD (other peripherals are not plugged) on the board.

Comment

Working...
              X