Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uVGA to PC

Hello,
    I've made work some projects using a monitor for the VGA connection but now, I want to know if it's possible to achieve this by using my laptop. I mean, I have the VGA cable with two connectors and I'd like using my PC to operate my projects.
    Thank you in advance!

I was thinking the answer is 'Of course', but I must be missing something.

Why do you think you couldn't use a Laptop instead of a desktop?
    Mark

Comment

I read this as plugging the uVGA INTO a laptop ! Which the answer would be no as they are both VGA Out sockets

Karl

Comment

ESPsupport wrote: I was thinking the answer is 'Of course', but I must be missing something.

Why do you think you couldn't use a Laptop instead of a desktop?
        Well, basically, because I've tried and I've failed. I've tried to use other desktop to show the VGA input but I think there are two problems:

-Drivers
        -Resolution (I don't care about this,because it's the same that the monitor I've used yet)

My O.S. is Windows Vista but I've tried in a Windows 7 laptop too (this one has a smaller resolution, so that could be the problem. However, the PC that runs Vista has the resolution that I've programmed).
        Can you give me an example of PC configuration to achieve this? Thank you so much!

Comment

kaddrison wrote: I read this as plugging the uVGA INTO a laptop ! Which the answer would be no as they are both VGA Out sockets

Karl
          Thank you for your answer but I don't understand exactly what you mean. The uVGA-laptop connection consists in two male VGA inputs and maybe the difference between uVGA-laptop and uVGA-only_monitor connection is the input that the monitor has. However, in my opinion, the problem could be the fact that monitor doesn't run O.S. but laptop do it so I need some drivers or any special configuration...
          Thanks in advance!

Comment

I'm thinking you just have the CE5/MB5 plugged into the uVGA and the output of the uVGA connected to a monitor.

But you seem to have done / tried to do more.

Can you make a little diagram or what you are doing / trying to do?
            Mark

Comment

Yes, I hope you can see the image that i've uploaded!

Attached files

Comment

as I said - both output sockets - wont work

Comment

kaddrison wrote: as I said - both output sockets - wont work
                  ok, it seemed to be too easy...
                  Do you know another possibility,please?
                  Thanks!

Comment

This looks like it could do it

http://www.vgacapture.com/

But I'm sure it would cost more than a 'simple' 7" display with VGA input.
                    Mark

Comment

ESPsupport wrote: This looks like it could do it

http://www.vgacapture.com/

But I'm sure it would cost more than a 'simple' 7" display with VGA input.
                      Thank you so much for this solution! I'll try to find it and I'll chose between both options.

Comment

Working...
                      X