usd can't be detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usd can't be detected

Hi, i tried to use DIR example programme with a uLCD-32PT_GFX2, but the screen endlesly show that the disk is not monted. I used RMPET, format the usd, two different capacity usd ( 2G and 1G ). does someone have an answer and explanation ? regards

See Q1 http://4d.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=5149940
    Mark

Comment

Thanks for your support.
      I tried your program µSD tester. When i format in FAT 32 it not working "µSD not formated", if i format in FAT it's better but :
      init is successful, mbr fat 16 unreconised partition id 0x0D.
      This is the most problem, formated in 16 or 32, having or not files in µSD, the screen show :
      part# type start length
      1 0D 64202E72 75717369
      2 50 207A6573 20656E75

but in fat16 the mount is successful
      do you know why ?

Comment

Only FAT16 (or FAT) is supported.

Where are you getting "partition id 0x0D" this is not a valid partition ID, have a look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_type

How are you creating this partition type?
        Mark

Comment

Hi, i got a new µSD card of 2MB.
          When i use your prog. µSDtester the screen show me :
          media_Init successful
          No valid MBR or partition
          Table found
          Sector Dump Follows
          FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
          etc....

Comment

What is RMPET saying the partition type is?
            Mark

Comment

Hi, you can see the RMPET.

Attached files

Comment

Hmm, ok.

Most people who have this sort of problem have unreliable power to their display (the USB memory is most sensitive to marginal power).

How are you powering the display?

Try a good solid cable (I.e. not a thin one).

Power it directly from the USB port, not a Hub.
                Mark

Comment

Another thing to try is to delete the partition table and reformat without it.

This shouldn't change anything, but the 'first sector' is usually sector 1, so I'm just wondering if that is causing a problem
                  Mark

Comment

i am using an ARDUINO duemilanove board without ATmega328 microcontroleur. just using the IC FT232RL directly from USB cable.
                    I taked off the MOSFET T1 and maked a short cut on the drain/source, and taked off the 5VDC regulator IC4. Nothing better.
                    Why should we use a USB special cable from 4DSYSTEMS to program something ?

Attached files arduino-duemilanove-schematic.pdf (47.4 KB)

Comment

Well, it's a bit of a round about way of doing it, but it should work.
                      PROVIDED you aren't using one of those flimsy USB cables. Are you?

Can you measure the 5v coming into the card? Voltage and ripple?

Why should we use a USB special cable from 4DSYSTEMS to program something ?
                      On the prduct pages it says:-

Warranty Note:
                      PmmC or 4DGL programming should only be carried out using any one of the 4D Programming modules (4D Programming Cable, uUSB-MB5, uUSB-CE5). Any malfunction because of custom or third party USB to Serial converters or Serial(RS232) to Serial(TTL) level converters will void the warranty.

We don't say that for the fun of it. In addition, many 'other cables' are not wired correctly to reload the PmmC on 4D displays. They may work for general usage, but as soon as you try to reload a PmmC you will get very frustrated.
                      Mark

Comment

Hi, i used an other 2Go µSD and it is working. Now i can't anderstand why.

Comment

I put the .dat and .gci files but it still shows the disk is not mounted...why??

Comment

I put the .dat and .gci files but it still shows the disk is not mounted...why??

Comment

What does the tester in the FAQ section have to say? http://4d.websitetoolbox.com/post/uSD-Card-and-Display-Modules-5149940
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X