problem with the velocity to display an image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with the velocity to display an image

Hi i´m new with this and i hope someone can help me. Im working with the uVGAII with a microcontroller as host, and we want to display an image in the screen. We put the images into the uSD card and we can see the images, but it takes around 3 seconds to scan the image in the screen, and if i want to change to another image, it takes 3 seconds more to change again. I see some video in youtube of the uVGA-I working like with images and it seems like video, so i think it should be possible to shows the images faster.

thanks for your help,

goods vibrations

Sebas

Please show how you are getting the image to the screen and what resolution the image is you are trying to display.
    Mark

Comment

i´m working with the 800x480 resolution and using the "display image-icon from card (FAT)" command. it works, but scanning the screen, it´s takes around 3 seconds to display an image.

thanks for your reply and help

Sebas

Comment

If your image is 800x480 and you are using a uSD card with reasonable capacity (say at least 2gb) and it is not fragmented I would hope you could get the image to the screen in around 1/2 a second.

Try saving the image as RAW and displaying it that way (i.e. without the FAT overheads), you should get it in slightly less than 1/2 sec.
        Mark

Comment

thanks for your answer, you were rigth saying "...Try saving the image as RAW and displaying it that way..." it´s works good =).

Now i want to know how can i get the information of the SGC (Serial Graphics Controller) PLATFORM OUTPUT FILE (.txt), to decide what image will be display. i can display everything, but i want to decide what to display with a button array, so when i push one button i need to transmit the correct memory address of the selected image, and i dont know how to do it.

thanks for your help,

goods vibrations

Sebas

Comment

Look in the GC manual (you may need the newest version if you have the old one). There are a few examples there.
            Mark

Comment

can you send to me?¿ [email protected] because i have got the old version. thanks

Comment

Here

Comment

in the manual I see there are examples that use the same functions I am using. The problem is not to display an image or an animation on screen, the problem is that the product I'm developing is for a user that him can load multiple images on the memory card USD. The system is controlled by a microcontroller (ATMega), and it must be able to extract data necessary to display images on the screen automatically, i.e. the memory address, file name, etc. The downside is that I dont know how to extract the data file of the .txt “SGC platform output file”.

thank you very much and greetings

Comment

Wouldn't you just want to read the .txt file (as created by the user) on your ATMega and work out from that what the files and offsets are? (the format of the .txt file is pretty consistent)
                    Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X