FONT4 and file_LoadFunction()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FONT4 and file_LoadFunction()

Hi,I'm developing an application with uLCD-32PTGFX.I started with uLCD-32PTGFX-R22.PmmC and with this release I'mable to store FONT4 into FLASH (#inherit "FONT4.fnt")and use it in all functions that areexecuted with file_LoadFunction(...).Note: I have to use the value 7 to refer the FONT4. eg.: txt_FontID(7 /*FONT4*/);
    Now I'm using uLCD-32PTGFX-R25.PmmC and FONT4 is not available any moreinside functions.Do you know about this behaviour?
    Thank you.
    Fabio

hi Fabio
    sorry you have lost me - can you please give a code example so we can work together on it ?
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Thank you for the fast response.Here is an example (two files):
      boot.4dg--------
      #platform "uLCD-32PT_GFX2"#inherit "4DGL_16bitColours.fnc"#inherit "FONT4.fnt"
      #MODE RUNFLASH #STACK 300
      func main()
      var func;
      func=file_LoadFunction("StartApp.4FN"); func(7 /*FONT4*/); mem_Free(func);
      repeat foreverendfunc

StartApp.4dg------------
      #platform "uLCD-32PT_GFX2"#inherit "4DGL_16bitColours.fnc"
      #STACK 10
      func main(var font) txt_FontID(font);
      print("Hello");
      endfunc

With uLCD-32PTGFX-R22.PmmC the string "Hello" is print out with FONT4while with uLCD-32PTGFX-R25.PmmC is print out with FONT1 (I guess)and I didn't find any way to have the FONT4.
      Regards,
      Fabio

Comment

I use the following to switch between 4FN programs, code framework was supplied by 4D systems. I have stripped out all my code to just the basics. Should work if you get the filenames right. Have a look at the params for FONT4.. The add a fixed offset to signal ROM storage.. Also check out Generic_Program.4FN to see how to use the params. I see you're using functions and not programs, but the params and FONT4 stuff might be related. Andy

Attached files Generic_boot.4dg (4.1 KB) Generic_Program.4dg (3.1 KB)
        MicroLec Industries P/L
        www.intelligym.com.au

Comment

Andy, thanks for the info but I can't see your source code.How did you post it? (Probably it's my fault, I'm not an expert of forums)
          Fabio

Comment

Interesting. Look again, see if the files are there now, it seems the forum hid my attachments when I edited the text earlier...

Andy
            MicroLec Industries P/L
            www.intelligym.com.au

Comment

Andy,thank you again, now the two attached files are present.
              Fabio

Comment

No problems, I hope you find them useful. Good luck
                MicroLec Industries P/L
                www.intelligym.com.au

Comment

Hi Andy,with offset of 0x4000 (e.g. 0x4000+FONT4) the FONT4 is usable also byfunctions loaded into RAM.Thank you for the help,
                  Fabio

Comment

Working...
                  X