Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone uSD card for uVGA-II?

Hello,
    I'm getting ready to release to production a design using the uVGA-II. I use an SD card with both a FAT and a raw partition. Is there an easy way to "clone" my existing card? Ideally, a binary image would be on the PC, and a utility would burn the image to the uSD card.......
    Thanks!

Have a look at the scripts in the scripts\pc folder and also the related documentation in the Picaso SGC manual.

You could clone it sector by sector (in one hit), or only clone the parts with real data on them.

Could even clone just an empty drive, copy the FAT stuff using FAT and the RAW stuff using sector by sector.
    Mark

Comment

If I copied an entire uSD card sector by sector, would that also create the required FAT partition on the new card?

Comment

Yep, no probs
        Mark

Comment

I am testing out the scripts and the scriptc utility.
          I dropped the zipped files into a folder "c:\usdclone"
          I compile the following:#Run(Picaso,COM5,256000,5,Wrap)$timeon$readPCuSD('KLA_20.HEX','F:',0,65535)
          It compiles fine. I run "scriptc readusd". I get an error "Cannot open Drive F:". A zero byte files named KLA_20.HEX is created.
          If I type "Dir f:" I get a directory listing of two files that are on the FAT formatted portion of the uSD card. If I type "F:" my active path becomes "F:\>"
          Any ideas? This is a windows 7 32 bit machine....

Comment

I think I got it to work. I ran cmd with elevated privileges. I am running with administrator privileges, but apparently that is not enough.
            For anyone else who needs to know, type CMD in the "Search programs and files" box, then press SHIFT-CTRL-ENTER .......

Comment

Yep, that's it, you need to run cmd with admin priviledges.

What I did is navigate to cmd.exe (in c:\windows\system32), create a shortcut on the desktop and then set the properties to run as administrator.

It 'sort of' works to set scriptc.exe to run as administrator (and not run cmd as admin) but you don't get to see the log, as windows starts another cmd.exe runs it and exits to the first cmd.exe.

The 'working' log looks like this

C:\Users\Public\Documents\4D Labs\Scripts\PC>"\program files\4d labs\4d workshop 3 ide\dep\scriptc" readusd
              No Errors, code size = 25 bytes
              Starting Script
              readusd.4dscript
              Log Command Times
              ReadPCuSD - 2560000B read
              (171ms)
              Ending Script readusd.4dscript

I'm sure you will move/copy things around to make the paths shorter and/or create a .bat file
              Mark

Comment

Working...
              X