Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uUSB-MB5 Dirvers?

Hi All,

I bought 5 uSB-MB5s and have incorporated them into a small interface PCBs that allows me to program my uLCD-32PT in their final housings. Basically I take the USB cable directly into the MB5 and via its pinouts I connect to an RJ11 connector and onto my LCDs. In addition I have an LED connected to the 3.3V output via a 470R resistor (so I expect around 4mA from this).

I cannot get any of them to work. I cannot even get the drivers to recognise them. I have installed the drivers as recommended onto two seperate Windows XP SP3 32bit PCs. I do not see the virtual port created and plugging the MB5s into the ports either before driver installation or after Windows does not recognise the them.

I have tried 6 different USB cables (and checked they work with a camera and remote HDD).

I have tried a few other things:

Board 1:

Standard board with LED described as above using RJ11 to connect to LCD. With LCD disconected MB5 LED does not light and my external LED does not light. Plug in LCD using RJ11 connection MB5 led lights bright briefly then is very dim. LCD powers up. Measure 4.9V and 0.4V on 5v and 3V3 pins with LCD connected, 4,99V and 0.8V with LCD disconnected.

Not recognised by either PC
    No virtual port present in Hardware settings

Board 2:

Standard board with LED described above removed using RJ11 to connect to LCD. With LCD disconected MB5 LED lights up bright. Plug in LCD using RJ11 connection MB5 led stays lit brightly. LCD powers up. Measure 4.91V and 0.23 on 5v and 3V3 pins with LCD connected, 4,99V and 0.3V with LCD disconnected.

Board 3:

Standard board with No LED using RJ11 or SIL connector on MB5 to connect to LCD. With LCD disconected MB5 LED does not light. Plug in LCD using RJ11 connection MB5 led lights bright briefly then is very dim. With LCD disconected MB5 LED does not light. Plug in LCD using MB5 SIL connector MB5 led lights bright briefly then is very dim. LCD powers up. Measure 4.91V and 0.27V on 5v and 3V3 pins with LCD connected, 5,00V and 0.21V with LCD disconnected.

All boards above perform the same on both PCs.

So, I think there's two problems here. The first is not being able to recognise the MB5 from the PC, the second being the driver software not working. I have upgraded the previous version 6.3 to 6.4 and no difference.

The schematic is attached. The other LED gets power looped back from the LCD when it's connected (and works fine).

The 5V input is not used as the USB port has enough power to drive the LCD.

One other thing, in the past I've been able to program the LCD using the set up described in board 3 above using the SIL connector.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks
    Simon

Attached files prog_board.pdf (11.3 KB)

Given that none of your boards have 3.3v coming out of the 3.3v reg it looks like they have all been destroyed, somehow.

If there's no 3.3v the CP2102 is not receiving power, so there's no way the computer will recognise it.
    Mark

Comment

Working...
    X