Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major problems with speed

Hi,
    I have got a major problem with the speed of displaying text on my uLCD32032-P1T(SGC).I loaded my own font which is 21x30 and only includes the chars up to number 9.I am trying to display four different strings on the display using this function "Draw “String” of ASCII Text (graphics format) - 53hex"There is a major difference in displaying the strings in "opaque" or "transparent" mode.Opaque mode is very slow compared to transparent, which in itself is quite slow as well.I created a couple of videos to show the speed.The slow one is "opaque" mode.http://s839.photobucket.com/albums/zz315/djung1000/?action=view&current=24082011010.mp4http://s839.photobucket.com/albums/zz315/djung1000/?action=view&current=24082011011.mp4
    Running this code: //LCDTextMode(OPAQUE); while (1) { LCDGraphicString("888", VALUEGRIDPOSX1, VALUEGRIDPOSY1, 4, iColour, 1, 1); LCDGraphicString("888", VALUEGRIDPOSX2, VALUEGRIDPOSY2, 4, iColour, 1, 1); LCDGraphicString("888", 147, 30, 4, iColour, 2, 2); LCDGraphicString("8888", 25, 135, 4, iColour, 3, 3); LCDCls(); LCDGraphicString("111", VALUEGRIDPOSX1, VALUEGRIDPOSY1, 4, iColour, 1, 1); LCDGraphicString("111", VALUEGRIDPOSX2, VALUEGRIDPOSY2, 4, iColour, 1, 1); LCDGraphicString("111", 147, 30, 4, iColour, 2, 2); LCDGraphicString("1111", 25, 135, 4, iColour, 3, 3); LCDCls(); }
    Is there any way to speed this up? I can't use the display for my application at such low speed.
    ThanksDietmar

Transparent is quite a bit faster because it 'skips' pixels that don't need writing.

You could write a rectangle to erase the character you are about to write and then draw it transparently. On a uLCd-32PT that is about 4x faster than writing in Opaque mode.

Also, try to get rid of the clear, it causes a 'perception' of slowness that is not needed. (i.e. earse the space under one character immediately before writing it)

Another alternative is to have the characters as images on uSD, this will potentially give you a much higher quality number as well.
    Mark

Comment

Thanks for the response, looks like the only way of displaying text fast is to use the Bitmap method.A lot more work to create the bmps in all the different colours .
      The clear screen was only to show the change of the numbers in transparent mode
      ThanksDietmar

Comment

Working...
      X