jpeg image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpeg image

i want to plot the jpeg image in a TFT LCD. how to convert the compressed image into RGB values. In JPEG mode we get only 4525 datas where as to plot in TFT i need 76800 datas. how to convert the data...
    Regards,
    Gopi Krishnan

You need to convert the to a bitmap. It is not feasible to do that withing the display, so you need to fetch a RAW image from the camera
    Mark

Comment

is it not possible to work on the data what we are getting from the camera... converting the 4525 datas to 78600.... why it is not possible in microcontroller while in PC...
      Regards,
      Gopi Krishnan

Comment

There is quite a bit of number crunching required to convert a jpeg to a bitmap.

Modern PCs usually leave it to the graphics hardware to do
        Mark

Comment

i couldn't able to understand the risk in converting the datas we get from serial camera into an image... could you be able to explain it... i got a code in the net to convert the to raw data from which i transferred jpeg to the TFT through Microcontroller. now i want to do all the things in the controller itself. now i am getting the picture from camera and saves the image in PC and using the software i transmit it to TFT.... using the demo software i got the and able to transfer it to the TFT...
          Regards,
          Gopi Krishnan

Comment

Sorry, I thought maybe you were going to do it in 4DGL.

By all means give it a go, but I think you will find that it is too slow to be useful.
            Mark

Comment

what would be the case if i go with 4DGL....
              Regards,
              Gopi Krishnan

Comment

I think you might struggle to decode JPEG with the amount of memory available.

And I'll say it again, PCs do it in dedicated hardware on the graphics card. Doing it in software is going to be slow.
                Mark

Comment

whatever may be the case... but i want to display.... could you help me how to decode and how to design my software....
                  Regards,
                  Gopi Krishnan

Comment

can any one say i bought 4d camera how to see the image i have data's in hypertrm how to see the image

Comment

Have you tried using the demo program?
                      Mark

Comment

where can i get the demo code

Comment

The source of the demo program is not available, the program itself is available from the products page.

If you have fetched the photo properly onto a computer, you just need to save it with a .jpg extension and then when you double click on it windows will display it for you.
                          Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X