OH NO I DROPPED MY TOUCH SCREEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH NO I DROPPED MY TOUCH SCREEN!

I dropped my touch screen and I am very upset Can I take the element off of the glass and just replace the glass or do I need to buy a whole new screen!?!?!
    Simon

Gee, you must have been unlucky, dropping them isn't usually that fatal.

So is the display working but not the touch?

If so you can buy just the display (the touch panel is not available separately and is almost impossible to remove), but you will need a lot of skill to replace it, it's not easy.

If the display is dead you should probably replace the entire module as you can be certain something else hasn't been damaged
    Mark

Comment

I took the touch screen off and it is just cracked now I will have to buy a new touch pannel
      Simon

Comment

Actually I was only the touch panel that broke it just got cracked. It fell out of my hand when I was packing it up to go somewhere.
        Simon

Comment

Now that you broke one, what is the best way to remove the touch screen? I don't want the overlay and need to remove it without killing the LCD part. I'm hoping to get rid of the reflections.
          Regardz

James

Comment

Well the way I removed it was that I took it apart layer by layer. I first took off the film on top. Then I got a small flat screw driver and it came right off. Oh by the way, it is even shinier than with the touch pannel, in my oppinion. If you want you can take glare off by adding a screen film protector (I did this) like the iPhone glass cover, they are sold at best buy for custom things.
            Simon

Comment

Working...
            X