Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANNOT CREATE DIRECTORY IN MEMORY CARD

HI
    Im using udrive to log data since it is FAT16 supported it only support 512 files to be written, so i decided to go for making a directory, but i cannot find the command for creating a directory. Please help me out..

There is no folder support.

FAT16 isn't really the thing that limits you to 512 files, it's the way Windows formats it.

Look at this thread for the mkdosfs reference http://4d.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3202192 That will show you how to get lots more than 512
    Mark

Comment

ESPsupport i know it had be talked many times but is any way to create at least one folder ? Any 4DGL library or a release in the next pmmc.
      Thanks !!

Comment

No DragonGold, there just isn't enough memory to support Folders
        Mark

Comment

This is a bad variant.
          On AVR microcontrollers have the opportunity to work with folders (although almost no memory).
          Could you release a new firmware that will allow to work with files in folders? Let the folders are no created by means of uDRIVE, but to be able to output files from a folder and create them there.
          The problem is urgent. Limit of 512 files in the root directory - it is bad. Not all work with images only, is not always possible to use a large file (not convenient).

Comment

Well you found the right thread.

Did you read it?

It explains both why this is a restriction and how to create a root folder with as many files as you want.
            Mark

Comment

Please show the location, which refers to the solution of this problem?
              Which commands should be given uDRIVE, so that he could do this?

When buying your module, I thought I solved the problem with the work of the micro sd. It appears this is not the case.

ps: create a new topic is not wanted.

Comment

Not exactly sure what you are asking, maybe for this post?

http://4d.websitetoolbox.com/post/show_single_post?pid=30970312&postcount=6
                Mark

Comment

Thank you. Clearly, a factor of 4 can increase the amount of files in the root (using the file system).
                  But what if I need to write to the folder or open a file from a folder?

Comment

You can't. The uDrive only has enough memory to have one file open at a time and each folder is a file, so a file in a 1st level folder requires 2 files open which can't be done.

That 2048 was just a sample, I think you can go heaps higher
                    Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X