Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documentation cleanup thread?

Hello,
    I'd like to propose a stickynote thread related to documentation cleanup. For example, if a user spots an error in a manual, it could be posted under a dedicated thread. For example:
    PICASO-GFX2-4DGL-Internal-Functions-Rev2.PDFPage 186, sys_SetTimerExample comment "Set Timer5 for 1 hour" is incorrect
    Then the list could be gone through before the next documentation release.....

No? Yes?
    The more accurate (and complete) the documentation is, the fewer questions would need to be answered in the forums.....

Comment

I'll take no answer as a no.
      Which is really quite a shame, since I (and I'm sure others) would love to be able to document errors, omissions, etc to help improve the product and the programming experience.
      I'm sure I won't remember all the ones I've spotted in the last week or two, would love to have been able to record it somewhere.
      Perhaps I should just print out the pdfs and annotate for my own personal use....

Comment

Sorry, I thought than answer looked better as a yes

It's just how to go about it. i.e. put it in the most applicable sub forum, make a documentation sub forum, ?

I'm sure if you started a thread in an applicable sub forum we'd make it a sticky pretty quickly
        Mark

Comment

That would be great!
          I'll start a thread in the Picaso 4DGL forum, since I've been working with the Picaso GFX2 Internal Functions document the most.....

Comment

We're hiring more engineering staff, in the next couple of weeks hopefully we'll have a dedicated resource to clean up and take care of documentation.
            Atilla

Comment

Working...
            X