No announcement yet.

3.2" LCD, what to copy on the SD card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.2" LCD, what to copy on the SD card?

I am trying to draw a couple of images from the SD card on the LCD I have.
    I have tried to produce what's needed with the Graphics Composer software, but not sure which option to choose or what to copy on the SD card afterwards?
    Any help is appreciated!

First thing you need to decide is if you are going to use images in raw mode, or use the FAT file system. Raw mode is faster, the fat file system is more convenient (for some things).
    You can even do both, by using the RMPET program and partitioning the uSD card in two (some raw, some FAT).....

Comment

I have only ever used the uOLED and this is the code I used, but that was a couple of years ago!
      HTML Code:
      Serial.print(0x40,BYTE); //extcmd in hexSerial.print(0x49,BYTE); //cmd in hexSerial.print(0,BYTE); //xSerial.print(0,BYTE); //ySerial.print(128,BYTE); //width 128Serial.print(128,BYTE); //height 128Serial.print(16,BYTE); //colour mode 16//sector address of photoSerial.print(0,BYTE); //0Serial.print(16,BYTE); //16Serial.print(0,BYTE);
      Which mode is this? I don't mind using that method as it should do the job for me.

Comment

Ok, I used the SGC - uSD Raw option.
        Then for sector offset I gave it "0x00"
        Pressed OK, then it got uploaded.
        Used this code:
        HTML Code:
        Serial1.print(0x40,BYTE);Serial1.print(0x49,BYTE);Serial1.print(0x00,BYTE);Serial1.print(0x00,BYTE);Serial1.print(0x00,BYTE);Serial1.print(0x00,BYTE);Serial1.print(0x01,BYTE);Serial1.print(0x40,BYTE);Serial1.print(0x00,BYTE);Serial1.print(0xF0,BYTE);Serial1.print(0x10,BYTE);Serial1.print(0x00,BYTE);Serial1.print(0x00,BYTE);Serial1.print(0x00,BYTE);
        The image appears but it's fuzzy! So I think my approach is correct, but I thick the way it's uploaded to the uSD is not!
        any ideas?

Comment

An image displayed that way (320x240) would only look right if the display was in Landscape mode, the default is Portrait, so perhaps try generating a 240x320 image and try that.
          Mark

Comment

The display is in landscape mode, I have already made it that way.
            I have tried to produce a 240x320 also, but results are the similar if not the same!!!!

Comment

Can you show us a picture of what the image looks like?
              Mark

Comment

Here are the photos: Fuzzy one and what it should look like.

Comment

That's typical of what happens when the picture size exceeds the screen size.

Check the .txt file created by GC and/or the size set on the screen. It looks like it is not being scaled down from the size of the original image to the size of the screen
                  Mark

Comment

The size of the actual image is 320x240 also! So should fit nicely?

Comment

Unless it's being rescaled by GC

Can you attach a screenshot of the main GC screen?
                      Mark

Comment

Here it is:

Comment

That looks fine.

So are you using the uLCD-32PT?

And you have either the uLCD-32PTSGC-L-R19.PmmC or uLCD-32PTSGC-LR-R19.PmmC PmmC loaded?
                          Mark

Comment

Hi,
                            Yes that's the screen I have.
                            I am using an Arduino to show the image.
                            I believe one of those is loaded on it!

Comment

So if you let the splash screen appear does it appear in Landscape or portrait?
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X