X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matinzk
    replied

Ok,
    The most strange thing has happened! After trying this and that for hours every day. I just uploaded the code again and it's fast now. I have not changed the code or anything. This is very bizarre. Not complaining or anything, but it's very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• kaddrison
    replied

zip all your code up and send it to me - I will check it - I have a arduino Mega and a uLCD-32PT

Leave a comment:

• 4DSysFan
    replied

Hook a led and resistor to an output. Toggle the state of the output pin each time you send a data packet.......

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

This whole discussion is becoming pointless and I can see virtually no way to convince you that the problem is at your end.

Get yourself a CE5 or MB5 and use FAT controller to get a feel for how fast the display is.

Here's a log from FAT Controller writing a 2 character string to the display at 9600 baud

Version 0.000 [56 00]
    4DRom file not found, cannot simulate Display
    Get Status 0.000 [7A]
    Opaque / Transparent
    Text 0.000 [4F 01]
    Unformatted String 0.032 [53 00 00 00 00 03 F8
    1F 01 01 31 32 00]
    Unformatted String 0.015 [53 00 00 00 00 03 F8
    1F 01 01 31 32 00]
    Unformatted String 0.015 [53 00 00 00 00 03 F8
    1F 01 01 31 32 00]
    Unformatted String 0.016 [53 00 00 00 00 03 F8
    1F 01 01 31 32 00]
    Unformatted String 0.031 [53 00 00 00 00 03 F8
    1F 01 01 31 32 00]

Since 15ms is the resolution of the PC's timer the times fluctuate a bit, but, as you can see, worst case at 9600 is 32ms, or around 31 updates per second.

Leave a comment:

• matinzk
    replied

There is no pause or delay in the code at all. As soon as the data is read from the analog input then it's written on the LCD.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Yes that is an ACK

On your video it shows number being written (fairly quickly), pause (~1 second), then the next number.

If you think the pause is causing the issue I can assure you the pause has nothing to do with the display. The display can write at the speed the numbers are being written at pretty much indefinitely.

Leave a comment:

• matinzk
    replied

Ok, I think I am getting somewhere now.
    I send the new baud command ( Serial1.print('Q'); Serial1.print((char)0x0D); , then change the baud of the Arduino uding ( Serial1.begin(115200); , then check the ACK and I get 6 now. Is this correct?
    If so, still very slow.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

The ACK comes back at the new baud rate. How are you changing the baud rate on the Arduino?

Would using the 'library' be easier? I presume it would change the baud rate for you.

Leave a comment:

• matinzk
    replied

Changed the new baud to 19200. The ACK I get back is "F9".

Leave a comment:

• matinzk
    replied

My apologies from the heart.
    I am actually not shouting, it's just a habit to put "!"s.
    I won't put them again.
    Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• 4DSysFan
    replied

Matinzk,
    Perhaps you are unaware of this, but often time excessive use of "!" is interpreted as shouting, and is considered very rude by most people. If you find that people are responding negatively to your posts, this may be one reason why......

Leave a comment:

• matinzk
    replied

Hi there mate.
    I have read the documentations and been testing different codes one after another.Aren't the forums to get help when one gets stuck????
    Also that's not my comment. Please do NOT put other people's comment by my name.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• matinzk
    replied

After many tests I now know that I get this ACK back (0xFF), after sending this:
    Serial1.print('Q'); //New baud for LCDSerial1.print(0x0D,BYTE); // Set new baud of LCD to 115200// Wait for ACK

Leave a comment:

• matinzk
    replied

I don't have a scope!
    This is the code, which is from the libraries Mr. avenue33 wrote!
    uint8_t Serial_LCD::gText(uint16_t x, uint16_t y, uint16_t colour, String s) { _port->print('S'); _port->print(x); // in graphic units _port->print(y); _port->print(_font); _port->print(colour); _port->print((char)0x01); // multiplier _port->print((char)0x01); _port->print(s); _port->print((char)0x00); return nacAck();}

Leave a comment:

• 4DSysFan
    replied

In your code you have comments about waiting for ACK. You you actually doing that? Are you getting a a 0x06 in return?
    How are you sending the A/D data to the display, ie what is the message format? Could you post the code?
    Do you have a scope? You could put the scope on the TX line, set it for long time base, and see how often you are actually sending out the A/D data....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X