Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PALYGAP
    replied

Page 248 of "PICASO-4DGL-Internal-Functions-REV6.3.pdf" mention a str_String(char, count) functions that is not defined (or does not exist).

Leave a comment:

• James_4DSystems
    replied

Somehow the above recommendations were missed in previous revisions of the PICASO 4DGL Internal Functions Reference Manual....

These have now been reviewed and added to revision 6.3 of the PICASO 4DGL Internal Functions Reference Manual.

Sorry this has taken so long, somehow these were completely missed unintentionally

Thank you for the recommendations and feedback, it is appreciated.

Please refer to the new version, available from the Workshop 4 Product Page, else available from HERE

Regards

Leave a comment:

• 4DSysFan
    replied

Referencing post #2, documentation still has error in the rev5 PDF....

Leave a comment:

• gygill
    replied

PICASO-GFX2_4DGL_INTERNAL_FUNCTIONS
    img_SetWord should show more potential constants
    only shows 7
    I think there should be 14 as follows
    When an image control is loaded, an array is built in ram.
    It consists of a 6 word header with the following entries as defined by the constants:-

IMG_COUNT 0
    IMG_ENTRYLEN 1
    IMG_MODE 2
    IMG_GCI_FILENAME 3
    IMG_DAT_FILENAME 4
    IMG_GCIFILE_HANDLE 5

Then, for each image in the dat file, a further 14 words each is used as defined by the constants:-

IMAGE_LOWORD 0 // WORD image address LO
    IMAGE_HIWORD 1 // WORD image address HI
    IMAGE_XPOS 2 // WORD image location X
    IMAGE_YPOS 3 // WORD image location Y
    IMAGE_WIDTH 4 // WORD image width
    IMAGE_HEIGHT 5 // WORD image height
    IMAGE_FLAGS 6 // WORD image flags
    _DELAY 7 // WORD inter frame delay
    _FRAMES 8 // WORD number of frames
    _INDEX
    9 // WORD current frame
    _CLUSTER 10 // WORD image
    start cluster pos (for FAT16 only)
    _SECTOR 11 // WORD image
    start sector in cluster pos (for FAT16 only)
    _TAG 12 // WORD user variable #1
    _TAG2 13 // WORD user variable #2

No image
    s are stored in FLASH or RAM, the image
    control holds the index
    values for the absolute storage positions on the uSD card for RAW mode, or the cluster/sector position for formatted FAT16 mode.

When an image
    control is no longle required, the memory can be released with

mem_Free(MyImage
    ControlHandle);

Thank you,
    Regards,
    Geof

Leave a comment:

• ipaq3115
    replied

PICASO-GFX2-4DGL-Internal-Functions-rev4.PDFRevision 4 page 197 sys_EventPostpone() should be sys_EventsPostpone()

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

thanks for notifying this typo. It will be fixed in the next revision.
    Here is the return value with correct description.
    +1 if ptr1 > ptr2, -1 if ptr1 < ptr2 and 0 if equal.

-Bilal

Leave a comment:

• bateng
    replied

There is an error in the Internal functions manual, rev 3.0 on page 287. The description of the return value for the mem_Compare function is wrong (conditions are identical)

Returns 0 if we have a match, -1 if ptr1 < ptr2, and +1 if ptr2 > ptr1.

Leave a comment:

• yuck
    replied

A little off topic but in 1 month since I got started with 4DGL I see all docs got new revision numbers.

1st, whenever this happens it would be nice to have a place in open sight (maybe mail notifications) where one can easily see this so that we don't have to poll the site and dig in for updates

2nd, although all files have revision marking it would be more useful to include a page with changes from one revision to another (as datasheets do). This way one can easily see if more info was added, what mistakes were corrected and so on. It's a drag to compare each file "by hand" and see what's new

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Atilla
    replied

Thanks gents. The next revision of docs will be released soon with the the fixes.

Leave a comment:

• bateng
    replied

In the Programmers reference manual, page 20, the example for shift right is wrong. The used command is shift left. Also the overflow result should be 24576.

Leave a comment:

• bateng
    replied

In the Picaso Internal functions manual, page 188, the example for the sys_SetTimerEvent is incorrect.

the incorrect example is:

sys_SetTimer(TIMER5, myfunc);

The correct example should probably be:

sys_SetTimerEvent(TIMER5, myfunc);

Leave a comment:

• 4DSysFan
    replied
    Documentation Source: PICASO-GFX2-4DGL-Internal-Functions-rev2.PDFPlatform: uVGA-IIPMMC: uVGA-II-GFX-R25.PmmCInternal Function: mem_Setsection 2.19.2page 283
    Arguments: Size: Specifies the size of the block in bytes

Code Example:
    var mybuf[5];var i;func main() mem_Set(mybuf,0x55,5); //Only fills half of mybuf[] for(i:=0;i<sizeof(mybuf);i++) //Let's show what is in the buffer print(" 0x",[HEX]mybuf[i]); next mem_Set(mybuf,0xAA,sizeof(mybuf)*2); //Fill entire buffer print("\n"); //New line for(i:=0;i<sizeof(mybuf);i++) print(" 0x",[HEX]mybuf[i]); next repeat forever

Leave a comment:

• 4DSysFan
    replied

Documentation Source: PICASO-GFX2-4DGL-Internal-Functions-rev2.PDFPlatform: uVGA-IIPMMC: uVGA-II-GFX-R25.PmmC
    Internal Function: mem_AllocVsection 2.19.2page 278
    Function spelled wrong at top of page and in example.
    Should be: mem_AllocV(size)
    Should be clarified: Size is in bytes, so does function return a byte pointer (str_Ptr)? If not, is the allocated memory word aligned? Is the size rounded up to an even number of bytes?

Leave a comment:

• 4DSysFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 4DSysFan
    started a topic Picaso 4DGL Documentation Cleanup Thread

Picaso 4DGL Documentation Cleanup Thread

Hello,
    This thread is here for users to report incomplete / missing / incorrect documentation for the Picaso 4DGL products.
    Posting information should include the code / documentation source (ie PICASO-GFX2-4DGL-Internal-Functions-rev2.PDF), as well as hardware platform / PMMC revision if applicable.
    "How Do I....." posts should be deleted by the moderator, as these types of questions should be posted in a dedicated thread.
    Example code for correct usage is welcome, but please verify correctness to the best of your ability. Any example code posted may be freely used by 4D systems for inclusion in documentation or code examples, and may be modified / improved upon by 4D at their discretion.
    Thank you in advance!
Working...
X