Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inclusion of Binary (raw) files?

Hello,
    Would it be possible to have Graphics composer support the inclusion of raw, binary data?
    This would allow data sections to be set up, and custom raw data to be burned to the uSD card in a single step from within Graphics Composer.
    I realize that I could create a FAT partition, and drop the file there, etc but I would like to eliminate this step. Including the config file as a bin file from within GC allows production to load and burn the uSD card in a single step, versus having to have them partition the uSD card, format as FAT, etc......

We have been thinking of this sort of thing for some time, unfortunately it's well down the list.

For one step production loading of the uSD have a look at the scripts in the Scripts\PC folder. You can set them up to clone entire uSD cards (FAT + RAW partitions) in one hit.
    Mark

Comment

Yes, I was thinking of using the scripts. But then I did a quick calculation:
      115200 bits byte Bytes------------ x -------- = 11520 ------- sec 10 bits sec
      2GB ---------------- = 173611 sec, or 48 hours...... bytes11520 ------ sec
      Not very feasible........And it only gets worse with larger cards....
      Hopefully the relative simplicity of adding binary support (no file conversions, just a raw add) will move it up the list?

Comment

Have a look at the scripts I mentioned again.

They run completely on the PC, no display required.

And they are blindingly fast
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X