Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New unit, only a blank screen

Hi,
    I just received a new uLCD-32PT, and the 4d USB cable, but I can't get anything from the display except a blank white-ish screen.
    I am able to load both the GFX and SGC PmmC, and able to compile, load, and seemingly run GFX programs as well as serial scripts with no errors. I wrote a test program to loop with the screen on, and if a touch is sensed turn the screen off for 3 seconds, it works as expected- I just can't see anything but all white, or all black.
    That code is:
    #platform "uLCD-32PT_GFX2"#inherit "4DGL_16bitColours.fnc"
    func main()touch_Set(TOUCH_ENABLE);while (1)if(touch_Get(TOUCH_STATUS) == TOUCH_PRESSED)gfx_Set(CONTRAST, 0);pause(3000);endifgfx_Set(CONTRAST, 9);wendendfunc
    So my question is- did I miss some initial setup step?
    I bought from a U.S. based company, so if I try to work out a return I'm going to pay more than the cost of the unit in import taxes and VAT. Given that, I'm willing to futz around physically with the unit if anyone thinks there's a physical fix I can make. The board is labeled Rev-3, serial (I think?) 030811.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks,ben

If you put in the SGC PmmC (and be sure it's the correct one) you should be greeted with a splash screen about 5 seconds after power is applied.

If you don't get that, from the description you are giving it sounds too hard to diagnose properly over the net.

email [email protected]
    Mark

Comment

Hi,
      I don't get any splash screen, but I do get some on/off flickering on boot.
      The PmmC files I've used are uLCD-32PTGFX-R25.PmmC and uLCD-32PTSGC-R20.PmmC. Given the model number, do those sound correct?
      Thanks,ben

Comment

Yeah, the PmmCs are correct.

From the way you are describing it the display itself is dead.
        Mark

Comment

No chance there's something physical I can check I guess? Does hinging the display & pad off the board violate any warranty?

Comment

Please just contact support, we will work something out for you.
            Mark

Comment

I'm having exactly the same problem after downloading the PmmC file, there is anything that I can do?

I just sent an email to support too.
              --
              JM

Comment

Ok, I figured out!

I downloaded the PmmC file uLCD-32PTGFX-R32.pmmc when the problem begins.

I didn't notice that there was an sticker with a warranty warning on the back (uSD socket), this sticker has a code, that code is the one that you mention on the product page.

So I downloaded the file named uLCD-32PT-I-
                GFX-R32.pmmc for this warranty code and it works!

I hope this help someone too.

Regards
                --
                JM

Comment

Working...
                X