Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone 4dg software.

#32028-p1_GFX2
    Hi, I have 4 Picaso-GFX modules installed in a museum, and several of them need replacement. We have been able to find replacement hardware. Sadly, the only backup of the .4dg scripts used to compile the software was on a thumb drive that failed. Is it possible to "Clone" the user-flash - or dump it via serial - in order to install it on another module?
    --Ryan Nestor

Well, no, it's nice and securely there, no cloning possible.

Only one backup? Surely you have it someplace else?
    Mark

Comment

Actually, I think there is a security issue with the code loaded in flash. If you create a small application and load it to flash, such as:

[HTML] #platform "uLCD-32PT_GFX2"
      #MODE RUNFLASH
      func main()
      var n;
      gfx_ScreenMode(4);
      for(n:=0;n

Comment

Possibly if you had an arduino, you could hook it up onto the programming ports and use the tx and rx to communicate to the built in serial port on the computer. (I have done something like that before and could work with this!)
        Simon

Comment

I will try it myself and if I succeed I will post DIY instructions.
          Simon

Comment

It is possible to read your own code from within that code, but any attempt to download a bootstrap program to do this will have the side effect of erasing the entire flash.
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Today I will be starting the project of reading device data. I think I have a way to do it! I will try it out and I will report the results.
              Simon

Comment

Working...
              X