Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4D Workshop3 IDE with 4D ViSi (Test Release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4D Workshop3 IDE with 4D ViSi (Test Release)

"4D Workshop3 IDE - Alpha" (Rev 3.2.0.8) incorporates the latest Software tool from 4D Systems - 4D ViSi.

4D-Visi is the perfect software tool that allows the user to see instant representation of their desired graphical layout for a 4D display module. 4D- ViSi has a selection of inbuilt dials, gauges and meters that can simply be dragged and dropped onto the simulated module display allowing the user to easily layout their design. Without needing to download the application code every time to see a change, each item has properties that can be edited and at the click of a button, all relevant code is produced in the user program.

4D-ViSi reduces the amount of application development time, by reducing the ground work normally required to be carried out by the user. All that is required now from the programming side; is user development to control ‘how’ the application will interact with input and output; not ‘what’ it will look like.

Known bugs in 3.2.0.8

1. Save as does not copy program.ImgData folder and contents to new name
    2. Visi programs containing a video cannot be generated.
    3. Videos and Images cannot be deleted.
    4. Compiling when #inherited code is active causes compiler error.
    5. Compiling the examples in the supplied location causes errors on Win7.
    Mark

Comment

4D Workshop3 IDE Alpha (Test Release)
      Rev 3.2.0.9

Note: All the known bugs fixed. "Knob" and "Rotary" Switch widgets added.

Comment

super cool stuff this ViSi tool, I know many were waiting for it.

some docu to go along with it would have been nice.

what's the diference between Basic and Basel for uLCD-32PT based programs?

why is the .gci graphics file so huge? can I assume it includes all the control graphics even if they are not used? is there any speed penalty?

doing a quick test with a Meter (minval 0, maxval 100) the needle indicator has a tendancy to fall 1 unit more or less from target (numx 75 falls at 76, numx 80 falls at 79). i guess it's a rounding issue?

send to back/bring to front commands would be helpful. there's a bug that if for example you add control1, then control2, move control 2 over control1, minimize application, change tabs or other activities then come back, control1 will be automatically selected and brought on top

If I create a new ViSi program, no controls, just load a "full screen" image (320x240 on a uLCD-32PT) either as an image control as a form background I get the error "List index out of bounds (26)" when I try to insert the code

Fancy buttons don't seem to work with images instead of text caption. I can choose a picture, the import dialog (as seen in Graphics Composer) opens but after OK, the picture field is still set to (None)

using SHIFT + mouse click to select a block of text in editor doesn't work if using scroll. SHIFT key seems to lock scroll so that cursor is in view

LED digits lose their LeadingZero setting during compiling

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

We are in the process of creating some documents that should be available before the Beta release.

Basic and Bezel are just 'surrounding' appearances in the viewer, thre is no other difference.

The GCI file contains all the graphics for the for the generated object, there is nothing 'else' added (atm) the size is of no consequence really, no speed penalty is involved.

Could be a rounding issue, more likely a 'pixel perfect' resolution issue.

Selecting an object in the object inspector should bring it to the front, although it doesn't work for certain objects as compared to certain other objects (If you have found one of these cases, it is actually a 'feature' of Windows ).

Need to check everything else...

We have Fancy buttons with graphics in one of our tests, some later 'event' must have broken it.

Did SHIFT mouseclick work in the previous version's editor? Never used that combination before.
          Mark

Comment

SHIFT mouseclick is a common feature that I'm sure I must have used at least once in the "old" version. Sadly the new version didn't want to go along with the old one but replaced it so can't go back and test for 100% sure.

Comment

using CTRL+V in the search box double pastes the text. using right click, paste menu command works ok though

Comment

if more than 2 "old" files are opened before a ViSi file in editor, when the ViSi file is opened the resize control (between editor window and graphic design window) will disappear (actually it is present on the right side of the graphic design window)

in editor, if cursor is outside view (like putting cursor at the end of the file and then scrolling to the beginning of the file) and pressing a keyboard media key (like volume +/-) then window scrolls to get cursor into view

Comment

send to back/bring to front commands would be helpful. there's a bug that if for example you add control1, then control2, move control 2 over control1, minimize application, change tabs or other activities then come back, control1 will be automatically selected and brought on top
                  I added a couple of knobs on top of each other, I used the object inspector to change which one is on top, I changed to another program and changed back. The one that was on top stays on top.

Can you describe the issue in a bit more detail?

If I create a new ViSi program, no controls, just load a "full screen" image (320x240 on a uLCD-32PT) either as an image control as a form background I get the error "List index out of bounds (26)" when I try to insert the code

I saw this once, but have been unable to recreate in another 10 or so tries. Can you describe the process of creating the issue in a bit more detail? Thanks.

using SHIFT + mouse click to select a block of text in editor doesn't work if using scroll. SHIFT key seems to lock scroll so that cursor is in view
                  Can't say I use this particular combination keystrokes, Selecting and dragging with the mouse seems to work fine for me. Can you describe in detail what you are doing, the expected behaviour and the noted behaviour?

in editor, if cursor is outside view (like putting cursor at the end of the file and then scrolling to the beginning of the file) and pressing a keyboard media key (like volume +/-) then window scrolls to get cursor into view
                  If I do that on my keyboard The cursor scrolls into view and the + or - key is entered. This is what I would expect. Can you describe in detail what you are doing, the expected behaviour and the noted behaviour?

Thanks
                  Mark

Comment

Known bugs in 3.2.0.9

1. Resizing objects should only be done from the right and/or bottom. There is an issue with top and/or left resizing
                    2. Display flashing when lots of errors after compile
                    3. Meter a bit out with it's positioning
                    4. Images, other than in Image object not inserting properly
                    5. LED Digits Leading 0 always false after compile
                    6. CTRL-V in search box double pastes
                    7. Scrollbar to right of editor moves to extreme right after viewing a non-Visi Window.
                    8. 'Scan line index out of range' error when generating object that exceeds display dimensions.
                    Mark

Comment

Hallo!
                      I loaded down the visi - examples -clock, knob, etc., a pop up appears with the message to copy the .gci and .dat files to the SD-card, but I can not find any .gci or .dat file in the installed folders. Where can I find them?

Comment

Should be in the same folder as the .4dg program is in
                        Mark

Comment

4D Workshop3 IDE Alpha (Test Release)
                          Rev 3.2.0.10

Note: All the known bugs fixed. "Slider", "Trackbar" and "Keyboard" widgets added.
                          Mark

Comment

congratz for the new version.

regarding the bugs i've mentioned before:
                            - NOT FIXED
                            if more than 2 "old" files are opened before a ViSi file in editor, when the ViSi file is opened the resize control (between editor window and graphic design window) will disappear (actually it is present on the right side of the graphic design window)

- NOT FIXED
                            Most nowadays keyboards now have multimedia keys (like play, pause, stop, volume up/down). These keys are not necesarelly mapped to ASCII keystrokes or any other "common" keystroke so pressing them should be transparent to programs other than media players (like Winamp, BSPlayer, etc). What I was saying is that having cursor outside of view in workshop editor and pressing Next track key (which of course changes to next track in winamp playlist) also causes the editor to respond by bringing cursor into view. Hope I was more clear now

- FIXED
                            using CTRL+V in the search box double pastes the text. using right click, paste menu command works ok though
                            - FIXED Fancy buttons don't seem to work with images instead of text caption. I can choose a picture, the import dialog (as seen in Graphics Composer) opens but after OK, the picture field is still set to (None)
                            - NOT FIXED using SHIFT + mouse click to select a block of text in editor doesn't work if using scroll. SHIFT key seems to lock scroll so that cursor is in view
                            it's a common workflow technique (at least for me) when I want to select a big block of text. i put the cursor at the start of selection, scroll to the bottom of intended selection, press SHIFT key and click mouse to the exact end of selection. I don't think I'm doing anything out of the ordinary, you can try it in notepad, word or any other editor window and see what I'm talkin about
                            In workshop editor, i put cursor at start of selection, scroll to the bottom of intended selection, press SHIFT key then window automatically jumps back to cursor

keep up the good work guys

Comment

in Examples\4D-ViSi, I can't seem to find an example using Fancy Button. I'm trying to use it's StatusWhenOn/StatusWhenOff capabilities but they don't seem to work as I would expect.

using Fancy button, it states:

img_SetWord(hndl, iButton, IMAGE_INDEX, state); // where state is 0 for up and 1 for down
                              0,1 is actually for button off normal and highlight states; 2,3 for button on normal and highlight state

Comment

Working...
                              X