Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animalector
    replied

Here's a base to get started with running multiple files. Most of the thanks must go to the 4D guys for helping me to get this going in the first place..

I just compiled and tested these programs they work... load boot.4dg into flash, and put the other two programs '.4FN's' on the uSD card.

Andy
    Attached files boot.4dg (3.4 KB) prog1.4dg (2 KB) prog2.4dg (2 KB)

Leave a comment:

• Animalector
    replied

What they said... BUT.. maybe a month or so ago I posted a skeleton code for multiple files running from SD card... perhaps do a search for posts by me..

I have a small boot loader which swaps between 4 main programs each of about 9000 bytes.. One of them is a PC Coms program which when linked to my PC application will auto-update the 4FN files on the uSD card.. so it makes loading new programs onto the devices heaps quicker.

See if you can find the post, otherwise let me know and I will see if I can find the skeleton code.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• meldavia
    replied

are you running your program with the

#MODE RUNFLASH

option in your code?

If that is missing, your program is actually running from RAM and consuming a possibly hefty chunk or ram. Programs do run faster from RAM, but in most cases
    this will not be an issue and is only realy noticable when using intensive loops. Graphics functions will not suffer any penalty.
    Aything that is time critical can be loaded then discarded later by using the file_LoadFunction function

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

If you aren't using #MODE RUNFLASH then your program 'executable' will be using RAM as well as the RAM required to actually run the program, so that is probably your problem.

Add #MODE RUNFLASH near the start of your program and see if that fixes your problem. Note that the program will run slower, this may or may not be an issue for you

Leave a comment:

• ipaq3115
    started a topic Max program size?

Max program size?

I have noticed that once my program get's to about 12 kilobytes it will no longer mount the SD card, which pretty much renders my program useless. Is there any way to fix this? I have tried separating my program into different files and running from each other but I can't seem to get file_Run or file_Exec to work. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?
Working...
X