Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yuck
    replied

oki, so there is a real problem and not just something that I did wrong. thank you

Leave a comment:

• meldavia
    replied

yes I see now,

only thing to suggest for a fix is to make a wrapper for putnum or print, eg

func fnum(var num)
    if(!(num&0x8000)) putch(' ');
    putnum(DEC5, num);
    endfunc

Leave a comment:

• yuck
    replied

giving this example:

Code:
    #platform "uLCD-32PT_GFX2"

func main()
    var val1 := 5;
    var val2 := -5;

print([0b1011001000001010] val1, " \n");
    print([0b1011001000001010] val2);

repeat forever
    endfunc;
    i would expect the result to be: "__5 \n -_5" (where _ stands for space, \n for newline of course) Instead i get "_5 \n -_5"

problem is that i can't print a variable going from negative to positive without shifting text on the display. i lived with the impression that bit 15 of the formatting constant will add a space for signed variables that hold a positive value, and replace that space with - (minus) when the variable holds a negative value, thus keeping the display same width (character wise)

hope I was more clear now, thank you

Leave a comment:

• meldavia
    replied

not fully understanding what your trying to do
    if you think this might be a bug, a little code example would be appreciated

Leave a comment:

• yuck
    started a topic Number formatting

Number formatting

I want to display a signed number with a fixed representation, like [sign][digit1][digit2]

If sign is positive I want a space instead, if digit 1 is 0 i want a space instead.

The number formatting constant needed for putnum/print functions should be 0b1011_0010_000_01010 (underscores added for readability) as far as I can tell.

Problem is that bit 15 (space before unsigned number) doesn't seem to work no matter how I use it.

Help anyone?
Working...
X