Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source code for 'World Clock' demo

Hello,

Where can I find the source for the 'World Clock' demo shown on the product info. page? http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=112

I would very much like to see this in action and see how it actually works.

Thanks

It is used in several of the samples, probably the most basic one is clock.4dg in the PICASO GFX2\PICASO - GENERAL folder
    Mark

Comment

I'm referring to this demo:

Comment

This Demo was developed by one of the Forum member. He might have the source code. You can contact him via his Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/misterkholl

Comment

That's a shame! You guys should really look into getting this code published. Definitely the most impressive thing I've seen on these nice screens

Comment

Ironically I have the code if you want it, tell me
            Simon

Comment

Hello:

I've got the ulcd28-PT and I am trying to find out where I could get the source code for the GUI that is shown on the world clock demo, I love the animation of the water surface waves with the touch of a button. Thank you.

Comment

Sadly they[4d]/he[the author] will not release it, markl

And simonfrfr is only referring to the basic example code that 4d provides

Comment

As we understand it, Mr Kholl intended to put all that code in the public domain.

However, he 'vanished' off the internet before he got around to it.

Actually, as I recall he always maintained that it was done using SGC and not 4DGL, which means he would have been playing a video in the RAW partition to produce the surface waves.

If you look at the led activity it appears some serial data is certainly changing hands, although to do touch over serial I would have thought there would have been more activity showing (would depend on baud rate and touch query rate, of course)
                  Mark

Comment

OK, that's fine, I would have liked to have that, but its just for fun, more of a learning exercise. I would guess that he was using an animated gif, maybe I can find it somewhere on the internet. Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X