Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom LCD with Picaso GFX2

HI,

I've connected my SSD1693 panel to a µLCD-43PT_GFX2 PmmC programmed Picaso chip, and it works !
    I think I will have few questions to you, and this is the first one :

Question : I have the BLUE and RED colors inverted, can I use some POKE
    or perhaps more useful disp_SetReg(register, data) function to configure the SSD 1963 registers to fit my panel ?
    Question :
    I've tried to run µVGAII GFX2 PmmC (as it is SSD1963 driven), and it works too, but the resolution is not the good one, i just see the top of the screen;
    My panel is 272*480;
    Is it possible to adjust the resolution? perhaps with the same commands disp_SetReg(register, data) ?

Thanks a lot
    Olivier

This post might help:
    http://4d.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=5470850
    It is for a different resolution, but the process is the same.....

Comment

Hi to alls the 4D's

Okay,I've found the reason why Blue and RED colors are inverted;
      This is due to the hardware routing beetwen the SSD1963 and the TFT panel;
      On the 4D µLCD43, the SSD1963 LDATA0 to LDATA5 outputs are connected to the LCD RED lines and the SSD1963 LDATA12 to LDATA17 are connected to the LCD BLUE lines;

On my panel those lines are reversed, the LDATA0 to 5 are connected to the LCD BLUE lines and the LDATA12 to 17 connected to the LCD RED lines;

I'm trying to change the SSD configuration, using the disp_SetReg(register, data) function;
      However, I don't find the solution, I think the register 0x36 is the one I have to change, but unfortunately, it seems that nothing change; Perhaps have to modify more than one register ?

4DSysFan, thank you for the link, I'll try, but have to solve the colour inversion before, but seems to be the right direction.

Thank you

Olivier (France)

Comment

I'm pretty sure there's a register setting enables you to invert the RGB and we're actually using the inverted setting and this was due to easier routing on the PCB. However, your best bet is to wait for our Guru Mark (aka ESPSupport) to return from his annual leave next week. Most of our engineering staff are also on holidays.
        Atilla

Comment

Atilla,
          Made some tests, and I can obtain the right colors by setting register 0x36 to 0x00,
          but have to do it after each print function, and give me flickering, not useable ;
          And the Image_Show can't display the right colors, impossible to find a workaround....

Sure it's due to the PmmC file, and I think all the 4DGL functions who draw something on the LCD sets the 0x36 register to 0x08 (this is the configuration value for this SSD1963 register [set_adress_mode register] for the SGC PmmC
          for the µLCD43-PT);
          I thik that my problem can't be solved; or perhaps with a modified PmmC file ...

Have to wait for EPS support .....

Best regards

Olivier

Comment

Hi 4D team,

Have you a solution to my problem, other than modifying the routing of the PCB ?
            Is a custom PmmC file is possible ?

Thank you very much

Olivier

Comment

Atilla,

Do you have some solutions for my SSD1963 LCD red and blue colors inverted ?

Thank you for your response.

Olivier

Comment

Hello 4D team,

I wonder if you have forgot me ?
                As I explain in my posts, I need a custom PmmC file ( or any workaround ) for my SSD1963 4.3" LCD, as the PmmC file you use in your 4.3" LCD have RED and BLUE channels inverted via the routing of your pcb.

How can I have a custom PmmC file ? And is it possible ?And what is the cost of a PmmC custom file ?
                Please let me know your answer, as I'm develloping a product wich will use your Picaso GFX2 chip, and my developing phase is still in standby, waiting for an issue
                from your company.

Best regards

Olivier

Comment

Maybe, probably, sorry.

Why didn't you just fix your circuit board, seems like the easiest and best solution, for you?

It is not possible from your post to work out whether you are using GFX2 or SGC, you use both words in your posts.

If you look at the chip documentation you will see that all you need to do is change the value written using the Set_Address_Mode command. For SGC the Parameter needs to be changed from 0x08 to 0x00 (For GFX2 it's more complicated)

So all you need to do is load the header file into DISP, change the value in the 'defines' tab and save it to the Picaso chip.

But really, you should fix the board.
                  Mark

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
                    Yes, changing the circuit layout is an issue, but needs to re-route the board, and have prototypes of the panel board (TFT + SSD1963) on the hand ....

I'll use the GFX2 PICASO, but have made investigations with the SGC one, to determine where the problem was, but the final product will use the GFX2.

[ Forget the SGC workaround, as I'll don't use it ]

So, if I understand well, using :

disp_SetReg(Set_Address_Mode command [ who's Hex code is 0x36], 0x3E)
                    in the initialization section of any 4DGL program
                    will fix the problem as I don't alter the orientation of the display ?

This is a great new, I'll try and leave you feedback ASAP.

Thanks a lot for your products and your support.

Olivier

Comment

???
                      Sorry have received a message wich is not the same as in the forum ???

So, yes, I've tryed to change the 0x36 SSD register from 0x08 to 0x00, in a 4DGL program, and yes it works , but not very well, (see my previous posts), can be used for drawings?? , but not for images.

You said that for the GFX2, it's more complicated, can you devellop ?
                      I'm familiar with electronics and programmation (30 years experience), so ....

In the final, if there is no simple issue, can you tell me if I can ask 4D systems for a custom PmmC file, and where should I ask for it ?

Thanks

Olivier

Comment

Sorry, I found out after I posted that GFX2 was more complicated, so I edited my post.

We will discuss this (custom PmmC) tomorrow and get back to you.
                        Mark

Comment

Comment

Right, I'll connect tomorow...
                            Thanks
                            Olivier

Comment

We'll try and have a custom PmmC for you early next week
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X