Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sspence65
    replied

What's with the smiley faces in my code above?

Leave a comment:

• sspence65
    replied
    Ok, I have the Ack working. This sketch gives me confirmation in the serial monitor:

Code:
    void setup() {Serial.begin(19200);Serial3.begin(9600);Serial.print("\n\n\n***\n");Serial.print("init \t");Serial3.print('U'); // connectwhile (!Serial3.available());Serial.print(Serial3.read(), HEX);Serial.print("\n---");}void loop() {}

Leave a comment:

• sspence65
    replied

I've tried that library, but it does not compile for me. I've been in contact with the author. We will keep trying. He wants the libraries in the same folder as the .pde, which is not where they are supposed to be located. There is a great lack of working examples for simple things like displaying text or drawing rectangles. I suggest 4D post some simple working sketches on their site in a tutorial section.

Leave a comment:

• Atilla
    replied

Our tech support staff will be back from holidays next week, unfortunately I'm not going to be much more help, unless there are other forum members who are familiar with the arduino platform. In the mean time take a look here, there's a full arduino library for the uLCD-32PT(SGC), it should work with the uVGA-II(SGC): https://sites.google.com/site/vilorei/arduino/13--serial-touch-320x240-lcd-screen

Leave a comment:

• sspence65
    replied

Seeing as I have text and background color on the screen, I don't think that's the issue. I'm having to put 125 ms delays after each command otherwise they don't take. It's really slowing the program. I thought that I could just wait for the ack, and then continue on, but no ack ever comes.

The module is picking up +5vdc from the arduino 2560 +5 pin.

Are you saying my code is correct?

Leave a comment:

• Atilla
    replied

How are you powering it up? The most obvious thing I can think of is not enough current or voltage supplied to the module. Also check the noise levels on the supply line.

Leave a comment:

• sspence65
    started a topic Reading the ACK

Reading the ACK

I'm trying to read the ACK from my uVGA-II SGC. The card is supposed to provide a 06(hex) ACK byte if successful, or a 15(hex) NAK byte if unsuccessful.
    I have not been able to reliably read that byte (I sometimes get other results other than the 06 or 15), and it's clobbering my output.

HTML Code:
    vgaBaud(7); //set to 14400

int vgaBaud(int z){
    Serial3.print(byte(81)); //command
    Serial3.print(byte(z)); //baud
    if (GetResponse() == 6)

{

GetResponse();

}
    }

byte GetResponse()
    {