Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PmmC load and Ack prob?

Hi All,
    I am once again looking for some help with the uVGA-11-SGC, regarding the Ack or Nack command. I have the latest data sheet and rev-8 of the command set. 4D systems tell us explicitly on page-8 of the manual that ALL COMMANDS are Ack or Nack with '06h' or '15h' this appears to be incorrect.
    I require the latest (rev-20) PmmC code.
    First I enter the command (56h/01h/ device info request (my own code)
    I recieve the following results.
    Device = uVGA-11-SGC correct
    Xres = 320 correct
    Yres = 240 (this does not exist on page-12 of the manual ?)
    Hardware rev = 10 correct
    Software rev = 18 ?
    PmmC rev = 8 ?
    System xmit error, ie: no responce was recieved from this command.

Next after a re-boot I download the PmmC rev-20 file.
    Results, File downloaded correctly.
    Again enter device info request, (56h/01h/
    Result after download,
    Device = uVGA-11-SGC
    Xres = 320
    Yres = 240
    Hardware = rev 10 (as previous)
    Software = rev 20 (updated) !!!
    PmmC = rev 0 ???? I just downloaded rev-20
    System xmit error, no responce was recieved!
    What am I missing? how many commands have no responce? in contradiction to the manual page-8? Looks like I may need to re-write my software.
    Also why does the new PmmC file indicate Rev-0 ??
    Now even more confused than ever.
    Thanks for any help,
    Regards, Mike.
    Mike Hardman.

I am once again looking for some help with the uVGA-11-SGC, regarding the Ack or Nack command. I have the latest data sheet and rev-8 of the command set. 4D systems tell us explicitly on page-8 of the manual that ALL COMMANDS are Ack or Nack with '06h' or '15h' this appears to be incorrect. This is what it states specifically on page 8: "All commands return a response, either an acknowledge or data." What seems to be incorrect?
    Atilla

Comment

Is it possible that you are printing the info as it comes in from serial?
      If you do that, there is a good chance you are missing some of the data.
      Try buffering all the data first before you print anything.
      The uart you are receiving from should have an 'overrun' error flag,
      you can check this also to see if this is the case.
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

Thank you both for your replies,
        Yes page-8 states all commands return either Ack or data. The command I am sending is detailed on page-12 of the command set.
        The 01h byte indicates that the result is to the screen and the serial port.
        I am just viewing results from the screen, not printing anything.
        The download was done using the uUSB-CE5 connected directly to the p/c USB port and the uVGA plugged directly into the uUSB-CE5, no cables involved and no connection to my host MCU. The p/c running 'XP' indicated all files downloaded correctly. I then replace the uVGA back into my host MCU and send the device info request command, with the results as previously listed. ( PmmC Rev-0 , software updated to Rev-20 )
        Atilla you are correct I did recieve some data! I overlooked that fact in looking for the Ack return. I apologise and will update my own software to account for this. It still does not explain however why the download with only the uVGA and CE-5 connected results in PmmC Rev-0 ??
        I will try the download again.
        Regards Mike.
        Mike Hardman.

Comment

Mike,Majority of the commands will return an acknowledge, however some of the commands as stated will return data. For example read pixel, revision info and other commands to read uSD card will all return data. I'm not sure why you're getting rev0 for the pmmc field, it might be an oversight from our end and the latest pmmc may not have that field updated with the correct pmmc revision.
          Atilla

Comment

Working...
          X