Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to access/read MicroSD

Hi,

I was thinking is that any way to read the files that stored in MicroSD of 32PTvia the MicroUSB through PC ? In the other words mean that I don't have to take out the MicroSD and plug it in card reader all the time. For example, it is just like reading files of a flash drive.

The reason I ask this because when the 32PT screen is installed for real application, it might be difficult to take out the MicroSD compare to before.

Any idea and thought?

Thank you.

You could always write a program to RAM to do that.

The 'SPE' example has a method and protocol to do this.

The issue is SPEED.

At best this technique is around 1000 times slower than removing the uSD card and plugging it directly into your computer
    Mark

Comment

Hi,

Can you provide me the link of 'SPE' example ? I want to see what it does. Thanks

Comment

It's in the Picaso\SPE sample folder. Called 4D-spe-v2_1-uOLED-96-G1 this is similar to SGC written in 4DGL.

It will need changing as it hasn't been updated for GFX2, just use it for ideas

The bits you are after are commented out, do a find on @a.
        Mark

Comment

Do you mean I have to modify the code for GFX since it is Goldelox?

What is 4D Serial Commander about? It keeps saying "No ACK received after autobaud 'U' ", may I know what does the notice mean?

Comment

Serial Commander was the predecessor to FAT Controller.

It had lots of 'unimplemented features' and probably doesn't work very well, if at all with the current displays
            Mark

Comment

Is there anyway that we do write code like what the serial communication did, to access the files in the card via microUSB and cable.
              How can I modify the 'SPE' so that it work for GFX2? Thanks

Comment

I am almost done with some code that does exactly that. It will provide a client (PC side) application that will allow files to be sent to and retrieved from the SD card in the display. I should have a working version by next week.

Comment

Hi engicoder,
                  Do you mind to teach me and guide me on how to do that on GFX2? Thank you.

Comment

Take the GFX(1) program, change the target platform to GFX2 and try to compile it.

Most uSD_ functions become media_ and GFX2 has a slightly better compile that will pick up errors that the old compiler misses.
                    Mark

Comment

ESPsupport,

When the 32PT screen is connected with the USB cable, is it a way we can programme it as the MircoSD is mounted as a drive on the PC? Then we can copy and transfer images back and forth? In other words, it means there is going to be a removable disk in "My Computer" of the desktop.

Thank you.
                      Best.

Comment

No, we are continuosly thinking about how we might achieve that, but the answer is the transfer rate would be about 1000 times slower than plugging the card directly into the computer, so it's not worth doing.
                        Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X