seeing the picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeing the picture

Have made the picmicro send the file back to the pc via serial rs232,I see it as ascii file but can't open as a picture. Don't you have any other demo software that just waits for a jpeg through the serial port, without all the nonsense of your free demo software.ie. All the commands are sent through my Picmicro and all the acks come back from sync, ini, getpic etc.A big long file comes through in hyperterminal I save the file but can't open it as a picture if i get it to send a raw pic I can just about fool the demo software into thinking its sent the commands( which it hasn't )and i get a picture back please get back to me. Andy [email protected]
    acroberts

please get back to me im no good with forums
    Well you post shows why.

When you ask for help on forums you have to go about it in a nice, concise and neat way. Punctuation doesn't have to be perfect (well in this forum anyway) but to type a rambling sentence with no punctuation is a definite no no.

Denigrating software that is designed to help you understand the hardware you have purchased (and nothing else) and has obviously helped you a lot in your understanding of it would get you flamed badly at many forums. Again we don't do that here.

If you are sending the correct data from your picmicro back to the pc then all you need to do is save it as a .jpg and windows will display it correctly when you open it.
    Mark

Comment

Don't you have a bit of software that will wait until it sees data coming through and then start to send it as a picture.The trouble with saving it in a serial terminal,is that its in ascii format and things like paint won't see it as a bitmap or jpeg.Docklight reads it as a proper hex but you can't save it in the trial vs.If i knew it would work i'd buy the full vs.
      acroberts

Comment

No, we don't have any software to do that.

Why not whip sopmething up in Visual Basic? I'm sure you could do it in there.
        Mark

Comment

I now have another problem.The ucam has stopped responding altogether now, there is no NAK or AK.There is the correct scope pattern going into the on board rs3232 and from the inverted TTL output.There is scope activity on the scl and sda lines of the on board eeprom and there is a stable 5v supply fed by voltage reg 7805 it has worked both with my software (from a picmicro) and your dedicated software perfectly for about a year.I can't see any electrical reason why this has gone wrong its not been dropped or spiked or connected to an incorrect voltage its only been connected to a Dell laptop through a serial rs232 port. It just got harder and harder to get the sync and eventually returned "is the uCam connected.
          acroberts

Comment

Working...
          X