Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPsupport
    replied

Haven't you got the answer to this here? http://4d.websitetoolbox.com/post/How-to-send-hex-serial-commands-using-C-5746037

You need to get some stuff together and start experimenting... and learning

Leave a comment:

• Codenameless
    replied

Hello again. I'll ask this question again. Can I use a Microcontroller to send the serial hex commands needed by the uVGA Picaso MD-1 to display something?

My new project will be like this
    PC -> microcontroller -> ethernet ->microcontroller -> MD1 -> monitor.

this would do: I will enter a text that will be sent on a serial and it will be displayed by the MD1. Is it possible? any replies will be appreciated. thanks.

Regards, Codenameless

Leave a comment:

• Codenameless
    replied

MD1 Manual Page 38, but I thought you said you'd read the manual.

yeah i read it but i dont get the pages.. (How noob I am. :x)

The wifi module I have seen only needed programming once, from then on it acted as a 'pass through' device. But really, we don't sell wifi devices so you should get your support from your wifi supplier. If your module is not programmable or doesn't support passthrough you should consider upgrading it, otherwise you are going to need a processor at the far end, for no real reason.

I will.

You program that using the program you write on your PC.
    oh so i need to buy 1st the uUSB device or can I use a homemade device for my MD1..

thanks for further replies.

Regards, Codenameless

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

what do you mean multiple display image? please explain to me further that page swapping you are talking about.

MD1 Manual Page 38, but I thought you said you'd read the manual.

and both wifi modules be programmed via the PC?
    The wifi module I have seen only needed programming once, from then on it acted as a 'pass through' device. But really, we don't sell wifi devices so you should get your support from your wifi supplier. If your module is not programmable or doesn't support passthrough you should consider upgrading it, otherwise you are going to need a processor at the far end, for no real reason.

how about the MD1, will I program it using what?
    You program that using the program you write on your PC.

Leave a comment:

• Codenameless
    replied

what do you mean multiple display image? and both wifi modules be programmed via the PC? how about the MD1, will I program it using what? please explain to me further that page swapping you are talking about. Thanks.

Regards, Codenameless

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Your PC application would have to read the PPT (somehow, ole?) convert it into the required format and resolution and then send it to the MD1 (most likely using 'display image' command).

By using multiple display pages you can build up one page whilst displaying another, giving the appearance of instantaneous page sawpping

Leave a comment:

• Codenameless
    replied

ESPsupport wrote:
    If you just want to use the module to display 'stuff' as sent from the PC then all you should need is

PC -> wifi Module Tx+Rx ///(wifi signals)/// -> wifi Module Tx+Rx -> MD1 -> projector/monitor

PC would be running C code tranmitting commands to a serial port which the wifi module is connected to. Assumes the PC end wifi module is RS232 serial and the MD1 end wifi module is TTL serial
    can the MD1 display for example, a powerpoint presentation from the PC? do I still need to program the MD1 incase? since I dont need the uC anymore as of your diagram.

Thanks for further replies.
    Regards, Codenameless.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

If you just want to use the module to display 'stuff' as sent from the PC then all you should need is

PC -> wifi Module Tx+Rx ///(wifi signals)/// -> wifi Module Tx+Rx -> MD1 -> projector/monitor

PC would be running C code tranmitting commands to a serial port which the wifi module is connected to. Assumes the PC end wifi module is RS232 serial and the MD1 end wifi module is TTL serial

Leave a comment:

• Codenameless
    replied

PC -> MD1 -> uC -> wifi Module Tx ///(wifi signals)/// -> wifi Module Rx -> uC -> MD1 -> projector/monitor

that's how my project looks like. Would/Can you advise mo of a device that I can use for this project? or whatsoever help you can give me. Thanks for your kind understanding for a BIG NOOB like me.

Thanks for further replies.
    Regards, Codenameless

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

so you mean my project isn't possible using the MD1?

As I understand it, no.

1.3FPS is the rate? so you mean it can't go faster than that?
    Certainly not

and what documentation are you talking about? the Picaso MD1 rev 1.2? I can't understand it. Since I'm a big noob here. can I use the commands for SGC to my MD1? .... Do I need 1st to save the program to the uSD card?
    Yes, that is correct, the manual essentially is a modified subset of the SGC commands (or, more correctly, the current SGC is enhanced and extended beyond what the MD1 could do). The uSD slot on the MD1 was never 'implemented', it does nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Codenameless
    replied

ESPsupport wrote:
    Have you read the documentation yet?

The MD1 receives graphics commands via a serial port at a max of 1m baud and displays them on a display at a resolution of QVGA or VGA at a maximum of 256 colors.

How could you possibly either a) connect that to a PC's video card, or b) pass it to another MD1?

Think about b) for a second, at the theoretical max speed of 1m baud you can send 100,000 pixels per second to the MD1 in QVGA mode, for about 1.3 FPS, I'm sure you were thinking about more than this, and remember 1.3 is only theoretical, I doubt you will get anywhere near that.
    My project is like a wireless projector, that's why I will connect the MD1 at start on the PC's video card to get data from the PC then data will be sent to a microcontroller, sent over wifi and received by the other microcontroller and passed to the other MD1 module and the MD1 module will display the data from the PC.. so you mean my project isn't possible using the MD1?

another thing.

1.3FPS is the rate? so you mean it can't go faster than that?

and what documentation are you talking about? the Picaso MD1 rev 1.2?
    I can't understand it. Since I'm a big noob here. can I use the commands for SGC to my MD1? I am using C++ and I want to try to display a image using my microcontroller in C++ to send the commands right away to the MD1 (since MD1 can be used as a slave device). Do I need 1st to save the program to the uSD card?

Thanks for another reply.
    Regards, Codenameless

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Have you read the documentation yet?

The MD1 receives graphics commands via a serial port at a max of 1m baud and displays them on a display at a resolution of QVGA or VGA at a maximum of 256 colors.

How could you possibly either a) connect that to a PC's video card, or b) pass it to another MD1?

Think about b) for a second, at the theoretical max speed of 1m baud you can send 100,000 pixels per second to the MD1 in QVGA mode, for about 1.3 FPS, I'm sure you were thinking about more than this, and remember 1.3 is only theoretical, I doubt you will get anywhere near that.

Leave a comment:

• Codenameless
    replied

Hmmm can I use the uVGA Picaso MD1 board connected to a PC's video card to get data from it and being transferred via a microcontroller then the data passed to the other microcontroller to be displayed by another uVGA Picaso MD1 board and then the projector/display module will display the data from the source PC? Is it possible? Any reply will be a great help. Thanks.

Regards, Codenameless

Leave a comment:

• Codenameless
    replied

I do have that TFT_4DGL.h library on the Mbed. since its for uVGA II SGC you mean, I will edit it for use on my MD1 board to upload the codes from my Mbed and make my MD1 display the image? or I will use the Serial Commands of the Mbed uC and don't import any library? Sorry for the inconvenience, I am very new here, a great newbie.. It's just I need it for my project. Thanks.

Regards, Codenameless

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

I am not aware of any libraries that are available or needed for the MD1.

There's no reason why you can't do it yourself, without a library.

I you look you will see that the command format resembles the uVGA II Serial command set with the 'main' difference being that the color parameter is only one byte long.

There are plenty of differences in the available commands, a side by side comparison of the manual will show them up.

So, if you had a library for the uVGA II that you could easily hack, that might be a starting point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X