mUSB-CE5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mUSB-CE5

Hey guys I bought this mUSB-CE5 during the Summer of last year. For some unapparent reason, I was just using it 2 minutes ago and it decided to die on me. Is there a warranty on this? I saw a little sticker on the back of this when I got it. Thanks, Simon. Symptoms are when plugged in red light blinks once, the attached LCD will not turn on, I have tried multiple of my LCDs that I know work. Thanks again, Simon
    Simon

If you look at the CE5 closely you will see that gnd and +5v are 'straight through', so it seems impossible that there is no 5v going to the display.

Similarly the led blinks once wich would tend to indicate the CE5 itself is getting power.

Is it possible that the edge connector that connects the CE5 to your display has gotten partially disconnected from the board?
    Mark

Comment

I don't really know how would I check? I do not want to void the warranty if I break it.
      Simon

Comment

With the CE5 plugged in can you measure 5v across the 5v and gnd solder pads to the display connector?

You should be able to and if you can then the connecter must have it's pin broken by flexing it too much/often
        Mark

Comment

I figured it out. I fixed the programmer, but one of my screens won't get power. the power somehow disappears when it gets to the voltage regulator.
          Simon

Comment

oh by the way its uLCD-32-pt
            Simon

Comment

problem solved, Q1's Diode needed to be replaced.
              Simon

Comment

problem solved, Q1's Diode needed to be replaced.
                Simon

Comment

Working...
                X