Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solved: uLCD white flash between programs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solved: uLCD white flash between programs?

Is there any way to stop the screen from flashing white when running a program with the file_Run() command? I have some .4xe programs that will run without the flash but I haven't been able to figure out what the reason is.
    Currently using a uLCD28 but have seen the same flash in the uLCD43 and uLCD32 while the uOLED28 I have never does this.
    Edit: scratch that, after a lot of head scratching I found out I was calling the gfx_Contrast function because I was using my programs on my uOLED screen. I figured it would just be ignored in the uLCD screens. Turns out it causes a really annoying white flash. (Would be nice to see this fixed in future firmware versions if possible).

hmm, just thinking about what you say, -

any chance of whipping up a quick demo to show the problem up?

Will be fixed in future PmmC's once understood.
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was the switching between programs that was causing it but it turned out I forgot I was just using gfx_Contrast on all my programs.
      This code makes a uLCD screen flash every second.

HTML Code:
      #platform "uLCD-28PT_GFX2"
      func main()
      repeat
      gfx_Contrast(9); //Values 1-9 in the gfx_Contrast command cause the flash in LCD modules
      pause(1000);
      forever
      endfunc
      I'm using the same program in OLED and LCD modules and loading the .4xe files on the sdcard, if you can fix this I won't have to compile a whole different set of files between the two types of screens, which would be nice.

Comment

Working...
      X