Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• media_WriteWord() Error at end of a Sector

Hi,
    When the current location in a sector is at byte 510, performing the following statement poses a problem:
    var byteValue := 7;var wordValue := 9999;
    media_WriteByte(byteValue); //

Have you got the ltest PmmC?
    Mark

Comment

I'm using "uOLED-96-G1GFX-R22". Is this correct?

Comment

Yep, I'll try and see what I end up with
        Mark

Comment

OK.

Comment

So ... you need my code ?

Comment

No, I can recreate it.

To sumarise, media_WriteWord 'assumes' that the data is word aligned and hence fails when a sector boundary is passed in the middle of a word.

This will be fixed in a future release. Unfortunately that release will be at least 2 months away, hope you can work around it for now
              Mark

Comment

That's a real bummer.
                OK, I'll write a patch for our app now but how about media_ReadWord()? Does it has the same problem too? (I can't test now as my setup is in the office)

Comment

Yes, media_ReadWord has the same issue
                  Mark

Comment

Still don't see any update to the firmware revision & now its retired?

Comment

Any possibility for a new firmware to fix this? I've purchased 25pcs of this part.

Comment

I'm sorry, we assumed that since there was an easy work around that the fix was not urgent.

Can you help us understand your need?
                        Mark

Comment

Thanks for your reply. The code, in 4DGL, was written sometime in 2011 & its already close to 7KB long (after compiled). However, it has variables which allows the users to specify how large each command block space they requires. (These blocks are to store function calls & they are read sequentially) Initially, a block of 512 bytes was more than sufficient but when our animation increases, more functions are required thereby increasing the block to 1K & that's where the problem started. The current patch was basically to jump to another location when it reaches 510 & a "wait" time was required by the user but that seems to affect the timing of the animation that ultimately breaks the synchronized motion.

Comment

Hi,
                            sorry to say it will be at least another 6 weeks before we have a timeslot for PmmC upgrade.

The only workaroung at the moment is something like this:-

func media_ReadWordTempFix()
                            return (media_ReadByte() | (media_ReadByte()
                            Regards,
                            Dave

Comment

Dave,

Thanks for the fast reply.

It is performing 2 function calls to readByte() so does that means, in terms of processing & read time, it will take twice as long as readWord()?

Comment

Working...
                              X