Reset an DTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset an DTR

I have been using the uUSB MB5 to program and communicate with my uLCD-32PT for some time and so far it has worked great. However, now I have tried to place the MB5 on a breadboard and use the 10 male pins to establish communication with the LCD, instead of using the 5 female pin connector. The problem is, that there is no RESET pin on the 10 pin connector. As far as I could understand, RESET pin is driven by the DTR signal, but apparently the RESET pin on the 5 pin connector and the DTR pin on the 10 pin connector are not identical. The communication from the Workshop can be established normally and programming works in both connectors, but when I start the communication from my LabVIEW application, the LCD is reset immediately after the port initialization. This works fine with the 5 pin connector.

I have tried to wire the RESET pin directly to the breadboard and the communication now works normally, but the whole thing now looks a bit messy...

Can you please explain, if there is any difference between the RESET pin on the 5 pin connector and the DTR pin on the 10 pin connector?

Regards,
    Valentin

Reset is a pulse derived from DTR.

Have a look at Page 7 of the Devboard G1 User manual. You can see there how DTR is changed into RESET
    Mark

Comment

Thanks for the info, I just needed the confirmation that this is not supposed to be the same signal. I will be using the MB5 just for my prototyping board and not for the final project. I have therefore (once again) created a workaround (quite literaly, see the brown wire in the attached image).

Regards,
      Valentin

Attached files

Comment

Working...
      X