No announcement yet.

Use P1-EB DCENB to turn off backlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use P1-EB DCENB to turn off backlight?

I have a P1-EB arriving in a day or 2 and I believe it will give me access to the DCENB line. This line seems to control the NPN transistor which runs the backlight LEDs on my uLCD-32PT-GFX2 display. I am going to use this in a battery powered application and would like to be able to turn the backlight on and off. I did not see a command in the internal functions to do this and thought I might be able to switch the DCENB line to GND and turn off the backlight. But if this would damage the PICASO chip I need to know that.

I suspect the NPN transistor is being used as a switch and would not be happy if I used it to control the current thru the LEDs by changing its mode to linear.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Geof

gfx_Set(CONTRAST, 0);

Turns off the backlight.

DCENB is not available on the headers in the latest boards
    Mark

Comment

Thank you. I was not sure if setting the contrast to 0 simply turned off the backlight or did other things to the display.

There seems to be some differences with the documentation as to which pins will be available on the P1-EB. Could you give me a link to which pins will be available to me? I plan to use a DS1307 variant as an I2C slave and also hook an ATMega32 to the uLCD-32-PT-GFX2. The RTC and the Mega32 will be running on 3.3V. If you have any advice, suggestions, I would appreciate them. I have been looking at some of the Arduino cases in the forum, and those are helpful.

Regards,

Geof

Comment

Working...
      X