No announcement yet.

picking out data from a string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what is failing but by declaring counter locally you will (I think) reset it every time you call the routine

Comment

counter is declared private, therefore it is not reset each time the function is called (private acts like static keyword)......

var WorD[30]; func KbHandler(var Key) var private counter; var i;
      if(Key!=13)
      txt_MoveCursor(16,12); print([CHR] Key) ;
      word[counter++]:=Key; else for(i:=0; i30) //Going to need to reset the "WorD" buffer counter :=0; endif endfunc

Comment

Thanks Howard..! I have been listening to this thread also and you have been a great help..!! There isn't many working examples of code out there to quickly form a working example of an object that are "commented" enough for "newbies" like myself. You seem to be a very good teacher of code writing and help everyone that is having trouble... I know it takes alot of your time keeping a eye on the msg threads coming through the fourm and providing lots of help and support.. !!

Just wanted to to say thanks..!!

Zonk
        "Questing the Killer 4D App"

Comment

Hi Zonk,

Thanks for the kudos and encouragement.... Its always nice to be appreciated! I enjoy helping out where I can, and try to follow the "teach a man to fish" method if possible....

Comment

Working...
          X